joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/18 Snow Banter

CT Rain

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ot but philly already in the mid 60s for seasonal snow and may have 70 after this one. Close to or above all time record?

Looks like we're good for 3-6 inland, 2-5 coast around BOS, 4-8 NNE.

I've measured 71" in Dobbs Ferry; record is 90" in 60-61. Seriously in jeopardy.

I have 54.5" at my apartment in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn. Central Park getting close to that 75.6" in 95-96...

What is PHL's record?

I believe PHL has more snow than BOS this year. Boston got screwed in both the mega-blizzard with rain on those east winds(Pete FTW) and the late blooming Miller B which tracked outside the benchmark.

I've measured 71" in Dobbs Ferry; record is 90" in 60-61. Seriously in jeopardy.

I have 54.5" at my apartment in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn. Central Park getting close to that 75.6" in 95-96...

What is PHL's record?

I believe PHL has more snow than BOS this year. Boston got screwed in both the mega-blizzard with rain on those east winds(Pete FTW) and the late blooming Miller B which tracked outside the benchmark.

BOS has had a few low measurements, but it was mostly last week (I wouldn't call it a blizzard), the Jan 21 storm,  and this recent one. Just south where I am is approaching 75". KBOS will always be a donut hole.

The eventual demise of the forum. Twitter , look no moderation...let see Phil use to post, now probably just reads with heavy filtering.  Noyes, Drag, Copeland and even Kocin posted many times but like many more have learned. Beyond belief why a pro would want to post thoughts here with the rebuts that spew forth.

You know what is said about opinions and oh so true. The community that was is gone.

I too now debate that it's just not worth the effort. I fear that the in the end elitists attitude and policing will render the demise. And be left to a selected chosen to discuss amongst themselves.     

I don't think it was the winds that screwed BOS last week as it rained fairly far inland (maybe 10-15 miles) but when rates increased boom...heavy snow). BOS got 3.2 most of which fell in 1-2 hours. But generally their measurements can suck...not even at the airport actually but all other records are. I probably have mid 70s.

my hunch is that thing is gonna have localized 12 to 15 inch totals for some lucky folks....thats a bada## piece of energy!! the radar is totally convective....dont worry im certainly not thinking those totals for mby but whoever gets in on the primo dynamics is not going to be able to wave to their neighbors across the street for a few hours lol

glad to see your hopeful  :snowing:

my hunch is that thing is gonna have localized 12 to 15 inch totals for some lucky folks....thats a bada## piece of energy!! the radar is totally convective....dont worry im certainly not thinking those totals for mby but whoever gets in on the primo dynamics is not going to be able to wave to their neighbors across the street for a few hours lol

I don't really see those totals for anyone's backyard. We're talking a limited number of hours of lift. People would have to rip 2"/hr for the entire event to even hit the low end of that range.

12-15" is kinda high for a 6-9 hr system. Some 8-10" lolli's wouldn't shock me though.

I don't really see those totals for anyone's backyard. We're talking a limited number of hours of lift. People would have to rip 2"/hr for the entire event to even hit the low end of that range.

It's going to be real difficult for the highest totals to exceed 8-9'' given the speed of the system along with the duration of the strongest lift overhead.  

Archived