• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Feb 12-13 Deathband Storm, Obs Part 2

stormtracker

Makes zero sense kept me in a warning until 5 am Friday morning but only upped it to 8-12". There is already over 7" on the ground and there will be a foot by daybreak. Then they go on to say there will be another round of heavy snow from late tomorrow afternoon through the evening. Yet still 8-12", someone there is drunk or having severe sleep depravation.

Part of me is glad. Our best snows in 2009/10 came when they kept busting low and upping. It's just this time...they don't seem to be upping. Epic heavy snow here now. Sorry you are missing this one. Would love to get to a foot before worrying about warm air aloft, changeovers, and then hoping that deform band stuff later today is for real. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In far South Arlington (395 & Route 7), snow seems to be pushing back sleet.

Quiet as can be out there, and visibility looks to have dropped some, indicative of more snow mixing back in.

Nice, glad to see you are changing back.  With a wind gust, I can hear 'pings' on the windows but when I look outside, its just snow.  I'm guessing rimmed snow.  Nothing bouncing off the lamp post in front of the window.  

Part of me is glad. Our best snows in 2009/10 came when they kept busting low and upping. It's just this time...they don't seem to be upping. Epic heavy snow here now. Sorry you are missing this one. Would love to get to a foot before worrying about warm air aloft, changeovers, and then hoping that deform band stuff later today is for real. 

The deform band situation has them confused would be my guess. Major bust potential either end with that.

Archived