• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    davisinstruments
    Newest Member
    davisinstruments
Herb@MAWS

Feb 12-13 Obs for "The Storm That Wouldn't Say NO"

Temperature ticked down again to 25.7, heavy rates of grab bag sized flakes, occasional large ones are quarter sized, big enough to trip the motion sensor flood light. Air is filled with pixie dust. Wind is really gusting, but no worries about tree accumulations with this stuff it's just blowing around. Hard to estimate now, but looks like about 3.5" on the deck.

Just got back from an 1.5 hr walk around upper NW, but it looks like I'm going to have to go back out again to experience this incoming snow-cussion.

Evidently Euro is showing major deformation action tomorrow.

I wouldn't call them pings but there is a sound louder than snowflakes hear in central AACo.  Anyone else hearing it?  As soon as that first yellow band lifted north a bit my temps rose from 24.8 t 25.4 and this new sound appeared. 

Freezing snowflakes in the wind maybe? Very cool!

It's awesome, but you've seen it before.  Don't worry.  I'll get pictures of the familiar haunts for you and post them.

You are the best, that will make me a little less homesick.

Anxiously awaiting the "death band" here in northern AA County.

The lull in the action reminds me of the tide going out before the tsunami..

This yellow death band has got to be a 3 inch per hour snowband because I just picked up another inch in the past 16 minutes. Closing in on 4 inches of snow.

I can't even imagine what its like under the orange bands. Probably total pandemonium

Dundalk, over 3" getting destroyed. Flakes were huge, smaller a bit now as the sick Baltimore band moves north. 2-3"/hr rates in the band down south of me. Heres food for thought :o 

cref_t3sfc_f05.png

These blobs/bands seem to be dissipating somewhat before they reach me here in Pasadena. Not complaining ...just an observation. Hopefully as things progress that will become less of an issue.

Last few frames of the Bob Chill radar show the Deathblob expanding to the south and west. Should envelope most of Fairfax County soon. Seems to be already ripping more here judging by what I see in my floodlight on my back deck. This is more like it.

2.5" here.