joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Big One - Observation

JoshM

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

huge bust so far in the upstate.....so far only 0.13 inch of liquid at the GSP airport as of 2:52. and nothing currently falling

Most models showed us with over 1.25 total for the storm.  Radar has a huge dry slot right now.

I realize that this storm has not wrapped up yet but all projected totals are ramping down.  Very dissapointing.

huge bust so far in the upstate.....so far only 0.13 inch of liquid at the GSP airport as of 2:52. and nothing currently falling

Most models showed us with over 1.25 total for the storm. Radar has a huge dry slot right now.

I realize that this storm has not wrapped up yet but all projected totals are ramping down. Very dissapointing.

Gsp isn't gonna even come close to the 9 inches NWS reported. Big let down but what we got wasn't too bad

Once this thing starts to pivot more East, it looks like the heavier bands in N GA will move into NW NC and SE VA. Would definitely like to see more radar building in E GA. If not, we may have seen the last of the snow in CLT.

As the low transfers more to the coast, hopefully things will swing back east and not result in a dryslot.

tried to measure but gave up. feels like ma nature is shooting bb's at your face lol.  looks like 9" of something on the ground :lol: sleet probably 80% snow 20%.  there are some MONSTER returns just to my south.  hope they are snow? well of course, but i am betting sleet.  radar looks like storms with the yellows and oranges. 

woo hoo this is one of the best storms in ages so far....even if just get another 1" of sleet will have about 10" (yes some from yesterday but who cares, thats a boatload on the ground for ga!)

Once this thing starts to pivot more East, it looks like the heavier bands in N GA will move into NW NC and SE VA. Would definitely like to see more radar building in E GA. If not, we may have seen the last of the snow in CLT.

As the low transfers more to the coast, hopefully things will swing back east and not result in a dryslot.

I doubt we're close enough to dry slot. We need to get lucky on that deform band though. By the way it looks like the sleet is getting beating back so we might flip back to snow. 

Archived