joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Big One - Observation

JoshM

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still heavy snow here in West Cary near the Chatham Cty line. Right around 5-6" at least.

I'm sure the sleet is close.  It's in Apex and South Cary and South Raleigh :(

Me too, about 5" I would guess, hard to measure it's blowing so much.  Way more than I thought, not sure what is going to happen from here, I really hope we stay sleet, I have a feeling we won't 

You're lucking out. All sleet here with a few flakes mixing in. It could be because the radar is very light. 

I'm wondering if we'd help off sleet for so long has to do anything with the fact that the snow yesterday stopped just short of us.  Thus our dew points remained at least 10 degrees lower compared to those areas who received snow.

Currently 21.9 degrees with a 20 degree dp.

I'm glad our measurements are matching up.  Between trees, snow blowing off of the roof, etc., it was hard to find good places to measure.

I'm thinking we're a lock for getting our biggest snow since 2002 (or maybe 2004 for you if you got pounded in February 2004?).  7.5"+ looks likely.

IMO, we'll get more, though.  That deformation band holds great promise, though we'll have to see where it sets up.  I hope the Euro is right with its placement.

I'm wondering if we'd help off sleet for so long has to do anything with the fact that the snow yesterday stopped just short of us.  Thus our dew points remained at least 10 degrees lower compared to those areas who received snow.

How much you got WOW? I measured 5 inches. 

Thought the exact same. Fingers crossed. 

Still heavy snow here in West Cary near the Chatham Cty line. Right around 5-6" at least.

I'm sure the sleet is close.  It's in Apex and South Cary and South Raleigh :(

Will be interesting to see how long the snow holds out in Western Wake County.  The returns coming over us are from the SW and appear to be snow.  I confirm the 5-6" here in NW Cary.

Congrats on all the wintry stuff, guys! We've been stuck at 34 & rain all day here in Columbus. :lol:

I know the feeling.  We have hovered around 34 here in Perry/Warner Robins all day as well.  The NWS says we might get up to 1/2" of snow later tonight.  Do you or Chris concur?

Will be interesting to see how long the snow holds out in Western Wake County.  The returns coming over us are from the SW and appear to be snow.  I confirm the 5-6" here in NW Cary.

Yeh! It is unreal right now. RDU, Morrisville, and West Cary around Chatham Cty should do well.

These flakes are huge and wind-driven, and piling up fast!

Archived