CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
The Big One - Observation

JoshM

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had great sleet showers today but back to freezing drizzle and 26.6F I've been 27 all day. The sleet came in waves this afternoon, and was awesome to watch. It must be a pretty low warm nose because it's been over east Gwinnett all day.

Agreed, it was a great afternoon, a rare afternoon of sleet..four hours worth and sometimes falling at quite an impressive rate. In addition to the near 1" I got late night/early morning, I got over 1" this afternoon for a minimum of 2" total sleet with it not done yet. I'll try to get a final measurement later. This is easily the greatest sleetstorm for me since the 1/1988 an 1/1979 storms..so the 3rd greatest I've seen.

No doubt.  I had a change over to light snow but I have gone back to sleet again.

Well, I am back to all sleet and 27°.  This area is always a strong CAD zone.  

Congrats on your snow for sure! :sled:

the snow was yesterday and this morning. i am in freezing rain now lol.  mby is a super good cad area, the sleet didnt surprise me, the zr did i have to admit.  yall are going to sleet and snow while those of us to the north are going in reverse it seems like

Ok guys.  We here in KCAE have been great actually!  Our roads (even South) have been great.  The trees and power have been great other than few issues earlier this morning.

Now, as soon as I go to my forum and remove the "HECS" wording from it.. that means "historical east coast storm" by the way... the ZR is coming down... it's already at 1/4 inch at least.. and won't stop... in fact the trees are already groaning with the heavy wind.  No good.  .50 to 1.00 inch is not out of the question if this keeps up all night.  Radar is basically really light/empty.. but i currently hear rain hitting my window.

With that said; Tony.. I hope you don't stay ZR there man.  This sleet accumulation we have down here... if I walk on it now.. no foot prints.. at all.. thats how much ZRDrizzle is falling... and it's supposed to get heavier.

I feel like I will most definitely lose power here by morning.  The deformation precip is being shown by many models as just straight ZR around these parts....

I really thought I was out of the woods.. and I am to an extent without seeing the 2 inch+ amounts.. but still .50-1.00 is enough to cause major problems.

ironic - radar in n ga and alabama looks fantastic!  tons of moisture and back building.  i usually at least have a general idea of what to expect with events like this.  however, this time i gotta admit i am scratching my head.  as long as whatever is on radar is frozen imby i should be ok. go above freezing and plain rain will get annoyed (mild understatement).

i just cant believe we finally had things looking good and about a good a radar image as we could hope for for a winter storm, but the precip types are fluctuating all over the place

edited to add:

Ok guys.  We here in KCAE have been great actually!  Our roads (even South) have been great.  The trees and power have been great other than few issues earlier this morning.

Now, as soon as I go to my forum and remove the "HECS" wording from it.. that means "historical east coast storm" by the way... the ZR is coming down... it's already at 1/4 inch at least.. and won't stop... in fact the trees are already groaning with the heavy wind.  No good.  .50 to 1.00 inch is not out of the question if this keeps up all night.  Radar is basically really light/empty.. but i currently hear rain hitting my window.

With that said; Tony.. I hope you don't stay ZR there man.  This sleet accumulation we have down here... if I walk on it now.. no foot prints.. at all.. thats how much ZRDrizzle is falling... and it's supposed to get heavier.

I feel like I will most definitely lose power here by morning.  The deformation precip is being shown by many models as just straight ZR around these parts....

I really thought I was out of the woods.. and I am to an extent without seeing the 2 inch+ amounts.. but still .50-1.00 is enough to cause major problems.

hey man! if you are getting caught up you might not know but the snow jackpot zone ne ga through the upstate? getting moderate freezing rain here, 27 and ice on everything lol

wild storm.  glad you still have power

Archived