• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Big One - Observation

JoshM

I’ve never seen it sleet this hard! The CC radar has the snow line rapidly expanding throughout northern GA. It has also started to make progress over the escarpment and into Oconee County. I fully expect to switch back over to snow here within the hour.

Sleeting hard here as well. How is the snow line looking torwards my way? Or will it get here?

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On a more thread appropriate note.....this has been a really enjoyable event. Qpf has seemed to verify as forecasted in my area. Thankfully ip instead of zr. Seen some really heavy ip bands today. Heaviest since maybe '88. Seems the largest surprise has been the lack of zr (again very grateful) I assume attributed to models handling of wedge depth....so lets have some nice snow as the coupe de gra!!

This is GREAT news. Also, it is COMING down with sleet out here. WOW.

Damn you sleet.

I’ve never seen it sleet this hard!  The CC radar has the snow line rapidly expanding throughout northern GA.  It has also started to make progress over the escarpment and into Oconee County.  I fully expect to switch back over to snow here within the hour.

Boy, the I85 crowd will be watching your posts like a hawk -- need to start seeing some dominos fall re: sleet changing back to snow upstream.

I’ve never seen it sleet this hard!  The CC radar has the snow line rapidly expanding throughout northern GA.  It has also started to make progress over the escarpment and into Oconee County.  I fully expect to switch back over to snow here within the hour.

850mb should begin to cool for the Mooresville area. Snow will filter back in. 

Yeah.. at least the precip has been light for the most part for the past couple hours. The sleet hasn't compacted any of the snow as far as I can tell.

Looking at the latest spc mesoscale map, the 850 low is almost there. The 0 line is dipping down just to the east of us.

On a more thread appropriate note.....this has been a really enjoyable event. Qpf has seemed to verify as forecasted in my area. Thankfully ip instead of zr. Seen some really heavy ip bands today. Heaviest since maybe '88. Seems the largest surprise has been the lack of zr (again very grateful) I assume attributed to models handling of wedge depth....so lets have some nice snow as the coupe de gra!!

Agreed, it was (and still is) a very enjoyable event (I'm in Dunwoody), especially if you include yesterday's appetizer. The +1 to +2.5 C 850's tending to correlate to IP over ZR when there's sig. precip. and a wedge came through pretty well again.

Archived