joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Big One - Observation

JoshM

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Canton has moved up from 27 to 29.   I can't quite figure out where they think I am gonna see .5 inches of ice and 4-6 inches of snow tonight, either, given that the hrrr has precip gone by midnight and it's the barest of drizzlesleet outside right now.  LOL.

there you go and it goes on quite a while

rad17.gif

Same up here! Been zr for the last hour despite what Cessarich is claiming on his Super duper doppler. Picked up 2" of snow earlier then a load of sleet. Now freezing rainm

are you starting to get things glazing over?  its amazing how fast it did this - one minute sleet then freezing rain, 26 and .10 already.  trees are creaking, and whats more all that snow yesterday is still on the trees!!!  so they are already leaning over now lol

unreal!!  radar is filling in and moving in this way....now to the point i throw up my hands and give.  i have no idea what to expect (just please dont go to plain rain :fulltilt::yikes: )

To add to insult to injury...my temp has now climbed from 24 at 10am to now 31.8 under pouring rain. Epic fail....

oh jeesh please keep that over there this time....see above lol.  i like ice to so am ok but if i shoot up and go to rain this will turn into a disaster of a non-epic winter storm :axe:

Ouch. I wonder what in the world is going on there.

Not to rub it in but it's sleeting hard here with snow mixing back in at times. Rap actually changes me back over to all snow within an hour or two but could be all snow sooner. Plus I have some good returns lining up. If that happens there's going to be some nice accumulations here.

But i'm Not sure why it's colder here than where you are...especially aloft.

I

no way :lmao: ok that is kind of funny in an ironic sort of way.  youre getting colder and back to sleet snow and we are getting zr and maybe just plain rain for moto

what a bizarre storm

Lookout and Larry,

I have changed over to what is light snow / rain.  The sleet has stopped.

lol ok i have to say this is actually amusing (yes i have a weird sense of humor). yall are now going to snow south of the supposed jackpot zone and we are getting rising temps zr and rain :rolleyes:

there you go and it goes on quite a while

<deleted graphic>

I'll believe it when I see it :) - I will be shocked if we get more than 1 or 2 inches out of that, if anything at all.  All day long there have been radar returns right on top of us, but very very little of it on the ground.  At one point went 5 hours dry.  Precip finally started again midafternoon, and since 3pm there have been the tiniest most microscopic sleet particles I've ever seen - as in you can hold your hand out flat, and over about 30 seconds, 2 or 3 of these tiny tiny tiny pieces of ice will bounce on your hand.  So they are both microscopically tiny and very sparse.

But if you looked at the radar, you would have thought we were getting something decent, based on the color scale.  Honestly no idea what it was picking up on.  We got a whole lot more precip out of the little event yesterday morning than out of the one that started over night.

We had no mention in our forecast of 3+ hours of freezing rain that we have now had had since 3pm or so in northern pickens county. Snow all day with a little sleet possible mixed in was the forecast with around 8-10 inches of snow. Had about 2 inches of snow and snowing heavily around 2pm and then it started sleeting for about an hour. Moderate zr now and temps are slowly rising while everyone else's temps are dropping?? The WAA almost always develops in the far nw corner of sc and really hurts this area during most winter storms. Any idea if or when the warm air bubble will take up residence somewhere else?

Had great sleet showers today but back to freezing drizzle and 26.6F I've been 27 all day. The sleet came in waves this afternoon, and was awesome to watch. It must be a pretty low warm nose because it's been over east Gwinnett all day.

Hey man,  Want to ask you a question.  I am somewhat baffled by the changeover to snow in AL and yet we are much colder?  What gives?  I think we (ATL) are going to get thumped in a few hours though.  It is almost like the wedge is too spread out??

Had great sleet showers today but back to freezing drizzle and 26.6F I've been 27 all day. The sleet came in waves this afternoon, and was awesome to watch. It must be a pretty low warm nose because it's been over east Gwinnett all day.

No doubt.  I had a change over to light snow but I have gone back to sleet again.

lol ok i have to say this is actually amusing (yes i have a weird sense of humor). yall are now going to snow south of the supposed jackpot zone and we are getting rising temps zr and rain :rolleyes:

Well, I am back to all sleet and 27°.  This area is always a strong CAD zone.  

Congrats on your snow for sure! :sled:

Not too far south of you in N. Forsyth Co and showing 32 now with light rain! Still hoping for a changeover.....

Bizzaro non-storm; especially with N Forsyth being warmer than S Forsyth; just took one of my Son's friends home in the truck; temp 29 with light sleet/ZR. First tracks on one of the hilly streets in the neighborhood.

Can you please tell me when and if RAP changes me back to snow? Would like to not have sleet all night! It's light sleet and 26 degrees.

Its freezing drizzle here in Union,SC. We got around 3" inches of snow and around 12 noon it switched to sleet. Around 1 the radar returns dwindled. Its 26 degrees. I expect very little. Got dry slotted last 5 hours. Id take your sleet

Archived