• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Big One - Observation

JoshM

CofC, Citadel, CSU and all the public schools closed again tomorrow locally. Major ice event for the inland areas, and temperatures won't budge much tonight. The leading TV station (Channel 5) is simulcasting their news on 4 local FM stations. Summerville, Goose Creek, Moncks Corner and west got it really bad.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey man! if you are getting caught up you might not know but the snow jackpot zone ne ga through the upstate? getting moderate freezing rain here, 27 and ice on everything lol

wild storm.  glad you still have power

The warm nose means serious business.  For everyone.  Over in the other area; I was talking about how I felt CLT etc were pretty much going to go over.. if not even the Upstate and N. GA earlier last night.  Crazy storm for sure.. just when I thought many of us were out of the ZR threat.. boom.

So im in North Raleigh, Leesville and 540 area, and its been sleeting for the past 2 hours....Actually the sleet is coming down pretty hard, hoping it changes back to snow soon but im hearing that wish might come true sometime tomorrow with the wrap around...hoping they are right....but its more snow than I expected here...it snowed here really hard for at least 4 hours before it changed over to sleet....no freezing rain yet...that I hope never comes

The warm nose means serious business.  For everyone.  Over in the other area; I was talking about how I felt CLT etc were pretty much going to go over.. if not even the Upstate and N. GA earlier last night.  Crazy storm for sure.. just when I thought many of us were out of the ZR threat.. boom.

you got that right lol...a warm nose in ne ga isnt really all that unusual climate wise.  whats got me surprised is just how much ice we are getting right now.  a mix of freezing rain and sleet, 28 and its coming down at a pretty good clip. its hard to measure smaller amounts of ice accretion, but its looking like maybe .15 at this point.  if we get to .25 with the snow on the trees could get really interesting lol

Snow started noonish when I was in Cary, accelerated pretty quickly.  Got home south of Raleigh.  Sleet mixed in around 4.  Got 3" on my back deck, which has some tree cover.  Still sleeting heavily, but saw some small flakes getting blown around (maybe pellets, but it didn't seem windy enough).

Archived