joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Big One - Observation

JoshM

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed, it was (and still is) a very enjoyable event (I'm in Dunwoody), especially if you include yesterday's appetizer. The +1 to +2.5 C 850's tending to correlate to IP over ZR when there's sig. precip. and a wedge came through pretty well again.

Your thoughts on the precip shield currently over Birmingham reach the metro? Personally I think its too close to call. Further north the better the odds.

Yeah.. at least the precip has been light for the most part for the past couple hours. The sleet hasn't compacted any of the snow as far as I can tell.

Looking at the latest spc mesoscale map, the 850 low is almost there. The 0 line is dipping down just to the east of us.

valid for 10pm. and notice that HUGE fetch of moisture heading our way. 

2wdrj2u.png

I'd lay better odds on it travelling up I-59 than coming over to Atlanta.

That's exactly what it's going to do. I just looked at the HRRR and it does NOT look impressive for Atlanta at all...maybe some light snow, then showers but no heavy snow at all. Disappointing after models had us with a mod-heavy snow to end it all.

Evidently they turn off the member location details on the left when the server is pegged? I am not seeing anyone's location and few are specifying so that sucks lol. Looking and the radars and surface analysis this is far from over alright. It's just a matter of getting back to snow for so many and simply because we like it! lol Charlotte's NBC guy BP mentioned a change for snow in the area and north of course around midnight and then more snow tomorrow with the wrap around. Sleet is no fun. A lot of freezing rain right now and not much flake at all. 

That's exactly what it's going to do. I just looked at the HRRR and it does NOT look impressive for Atlanta at all...maybe some light snow, then showers but no heavy snow at all. Disappointing after models had us with a mod-heavy snow to end it all.

the line of precip south of that main batch that extends almost to Montgomery, will that miss atl too ? I'm trying to figure out where our 2-4" of snow is going to come from tonight.

Archived