• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Big One - Observation

JoshM

Regarding the Alabama snow.  While the insane returns over Birmingham have diminished, of interest is the recent expansion of returns beginning to show up south and east of the vort max.  Lets see if this continues as it heads towards Georgia. 

http://radar.weather.gov/ridge/radar.php?rid=BMX&product=NCR&overlay=11101111&loop=yes

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sure hope this storm gives me something in the way of snow, after pretty much passing me by, lol.  1/3 zr, 1/4 inch sleet, and 1.75 inches of rain.  An inch of snow would go a long way to making me feel part of the party :)  What a bummer of a storm so far, compared to the promise it had, with nothing much falling all day, and the power out for 9 out of 11 hours, lol.  Maybe next time...there is always next time!  Glad for those that saw the event of their lives, savor it..it maybe 30 years you'll have to wait for another.  It's been 34 years I've been waiting...and still waiting, lol.  T

I sure hope this storm gives me something in the way of snow, after pretty much passing me by, lol.  1/3 zr, 1/4 inch sleet, and 1.75 inches of rain.  An inch of snow would go a long way to making me feel part of the party :)  What a bummer of a storm so far, compared to the promise it had, with nothing much falling all day, and the power out for 9 out of 11 hours, lol.  Maybe next time...there is always next time!  Glad for those that saw the event of their lives, savor it..it maybe 30 years you'll have to wait for another.  It's been 34 years I've been waiting...and still waiting, lol.  T

I'll be right there waiting with ya', Tony. 

Don't give up hope.

32deg and light sleet/frz

Well, I've literally timed how long it's been since it started sleeting, and it's been a whole 6 hours since 3pm.  Proof of the impressiveness of the warm nose.  Right now, per the COD radar, the sleet pellets are at their heaviest here indicated by the orange/yellow.  In fact, it's coming down so hard you would think it's raining when really it's just hitting the rooftop and windows that hard.  Hopefully the snow/sleet line will scour out sometime soon and get a kick back to snow.  Sitting at 22° now.

I'll tell you guys this, though.  Sleet's not all bad. :)  Not only does it make for great sledding conditions when combined with snow or if you've got several inches of it all compacted on the ground, but it would allow the snow to stick around longer since it'll be nothing but hard snow and ice and thus will not melt as quickly.

25tjhv6.jpg

Archived