• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Burns' Big Banter Bonanza

NCsandhills

I agree. I did post the one from Raleigh yesterday afternoon. I was the first to post it, trimmed it to only the discussion of the storm, and bolded the important sentences. Unlike others, I read every post in the thread, so I would have enough sense to delete it if it had already been posted. I have to do that sometimes when others post a graphic before I do. Folks should read everything before posting... It's going to be a crazy day!!!

Yeah, I read every post too, and normally I'm on my phone so it requires to much more scrolling. Also, I agree. Seems like we're gonna need a banter thread for the banter in the banter thread.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm at the office now in Raleigh, NC.  All roads are clear and the Interstate and major roads have been treated. Current temperature is 25F, overcast.  Wind chill is 15F and dewpoint is 12F.  With any luck, I'll be able to get in eight hours of work before anything begins.  Have fun, all!

I'm not trying to brag, but I do believe I was the first one to see potential in this storm based off of one run of the GFS. :weenie:

Lol. Just remember Burger, with kudos comes responsibility. So be prepared to take the heat when half of this audience ends up with nearly all IP or ZR. They'll be looking to blame somebody besides Glen MF Burns!

My problem with this setup is you're relying on so many things to go right. Is there a good High? Is the energy in the right place? How long does the high stay around? Is phasing going to wreak havoc? We need what the GFS is showing after this weekend, where you have enough cold air in place and a system moving due east. If it speeds up and is stronger then you have something that's a much safer bet for snow lovers. 

I think there was even one before that!

seems like the euro is the extremely solution but it has been a bulldog with it......and slowly ramping up totals with each run...I assume this is a solution that is possible but not likely.  Actually I am alittle conflicted.  Have a hard time going against it when it is this persistant with a solution.   GSP has cut way down on their amped up totals from last night.  At one point they were calling for 12 inches for mby...... now at 8.  Assume that is due to mixing issues.  Let the fun begin.

Good luck to all today! I hope all you folks out west avoid too much mixing and end up getting the snowstorm of a lifetime! And you folks iin the freezing rain zone, good luck to you all and stay safe!

Agreed! Good luck! I am falling the HRRR today, not the RAP, hopefully we can get 2-3", that's my hope.

seems like the euro is the extremely solution but it has been a bulldog with it......and slowly ramping up totals with each run...I assume this is a solution that is possible but not likely. Actually I am alittle conflicted. Have a hard time going against it when it is this persistant with a solution. GSP has cut way down on their amped up totals from last night. At one point they were calling for 12 inches for mby...... now at 8. Assume that is due to mixing issues. Let the fun begin.

I think this is due to sleet cutting down on totals in the upstate.

Ha! Ha! Blacksburg AFD. Pardon if already posted:

THE DEVELOPING WINTER STORM IS COMING TOGETHER IN CLASSIC FORM.
MAPS...CHARTS...RULES OF THUMB...INDIAN LORE ALL POINT TO THE
SAME CONCLUSION. THE RING AROUND THE MOON...THE RUSTLING OAK
LEAVES...YOUR GRANDMAS ACHING KNEE IN ADDITION TO THE COMPUTER
MODELS WHICH THE METEOROLOGISTS AND WEATHER FANATICS STARE AT
ENDLESSLY...ALL SCREAM LOOK-OUT. IF YOU CHOOSE TO IGNORE THE
SENSIBLE CLUES YOU ARE JUST NOT LISTENING. LOCAL FOLKS WILL TELL
YOU THIS IS WHERE OUR TRUE WINTER STORMS COME FROM...WISDOM AT ITS
BEST.

Archived