Newest Member
    joxey
Burns' Big Banter Bonanza

NCsandhills

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha! Nice!

Inexact science, trough axis is going neg ivo the MS, classic position for a HKY - 95 corridor big dog.  GoM is open for business based on WV, no evidence of convection robbing in the early stages.  Leaf starting to take shape over NW AR, SE OK, and NE TX, track with the hammer laid down, along and north of Mebane - Mt. Airy - Culpepper - DC.  SLP track may be a little too far east, but I do feel confident in the circled S, storm will begin to stack vertically in this area and start to deepen rapidly, that will enhance the leaf into western VA.  Crippling ZR zone is pretty much a lock form Augusta to Florence, would not wish that on my worst enemy!

Ride the foreign models boys. Especially euro and euro ensembles, then UK, then Canadian. After the 0z runs tonight finish you have to let go of the globals and start using short range and compare them to current obs. Other words it's now casting time after the oz suite finishes tonight. Don't let the nam drive you crazy at 6z and 12 z tomorrow whether it looks favorable or negative. Best of luck to all.

Agree 

I wouldn't let none of the 0Z model trends worry me. 

There is a going to be a winter storm. Some ice some snow... but over the last 4 years how many times has storm like this presented itself? This is a miller a snowstorm in the makings.

The models are most likely have trouble with the track, features and temp profiles. 

But all indications for a good storm ahead. Good luck.

This is such a gross storm, the whole CAD vs the deepening low is going to cause headaches until the very end of the storm. I just hope everyone assumes the worst and prepares. I always like to overestimate the CA depth and strength because CAD is such a problem with the models. They usually are behind with LLV CA and overestimate how quickly WA will develop. If you are fringed or on the border assume the worst and I hope you are prepared.

I don't like the way he said this    :(     I'm now below freezing at 31 and the moisture is headed this way....yea....I'm posting while I can :P 

Yes, I see now.  That makes more sense. :D

I've been riding the UKMET for a few days.  I figure I might as well ride it all the way home.

This is hour 30 precip, look at the deform band pounding you, RDU probably flips to rain right about now, but we look to dry slot some...

post-2311-0-38702100-1392179577_thumb.pn

Inexact science, trough axis is going neg ivo the MS, classic position for a HKY - 95 corridor big dog.  GoM is open for business based on WV, no evidence of convection robbing in the early stages.  Leaf starting to take shape over NW AR, SE OK, and NE TX, track with the hammer laid down, along and north of Mebane - Mt. Airy - Culpepper - DC.  SLP track may be a little too far east, but I do feel confident in the circled S, storm will begin to stack vertically in this area and start to deepen rapidly, that will enhance the leaf into western VA.  Crippling ZR zone is pretty much a lock form Augusta to Florence, would not wish that on my worst enemy!

Sounds about right. Would be better for central NC if the SLP deepened sooner than you show, but there still will be some accumulation I suspect. Nice graphic! Thanks for the description. :)

Is that all snow, or are we torching at all layers of the atmosphere again?

LOL, no, we are snow through probably 10pm tomorrow night, per RGEM/UK, then rain for a few hours, hoping we dry slot and then hopefully some wraparound snow to finish us off.  So we should see 6-8 hours of snow, if UK and RGEM are right.  Hopefully the NAM is on crack with the warm nose.  Euro agrees on the front end thump too.  The SLP is getting slower each run, hopefully the front end can overproduce for us, but we know how that always works out.

LOL, no, we are snow through probably 10pm tomorrow night, per RGEM/UK, then rain for a few hours, hoping we dry slot and then hopefully some wraparound snow to finish us off.  So we should see 6-8 hours of snow, if UK and RGEM are right.  Hopefully the NAM is on crack with the warm nose.  Euro agrees on the front end thump too.  The SLP is getting slower each run, hopefully the front end can overproduce for us, but we know how that always works out.

Cool. That's one heck of a deform band. Maybe Brick gets his 4". I was going to go to bed, but I need to see the CMC now.

It's new jon, although having the 36h slp and the 48h 850m temps on the same map is a little strange.

haha whoops...I was trying to generate the maps by altering the URL instead of the normal fill in the form way, my fault. guess it's bedtime. :axe:

Archived