• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Burns' Big Banter Bonanza

NCsandhills

Good deal....I figured it would still be like that. It is a bummer though....I have seen a few storms here where it took close to 3 hours before you saw a flake and I figured we missed out on at lease a couple inches because of that. Fortunately for this storm, it is appearing like we will have plenty of snow to pass around.

Oh, I know! Drives me crazy when that happens!

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah..it's not looking good here all of a sudden. It started with the 18z runs really..the rap has only added to my fears.

not looking too good for the monster snow amounts for quite a few on some of the maps.  some have a change or mix with sleet up this way and the upstate if i am reading it right...should be a wild ride through tomorrow night

edited to add: i am referring to later in the storm. looks like definitely snow to start...my eyes are tired too i think :lol:

WCTI reporting some 1' totals in Hyde county with the over-running today.

If they jackpot everyone outside of the mountains due to strong WAA I will just have to laugh. Still, that's an incredible total for them.

Edit: And the RGEM delivers some good looking news to the Triad, hopefully the CLT area too.

I'm probably going to get skewered for writing this, but, I just don't see significant ice accumulation with this storm. The dew points upstream are not very low. My temp has been stationary at 35 for 4 hours now. There is a huge warm layer way beyond 700 mb over me. There is not even any snow forming above. This is mostly plain rain with maybe some ice in the high tree tops of some local hills, maybe. I'm ready to go to work tomorrow. Roads will be wet but otherwise free of ice. Temps, at worst, might dip to 32 but that won't make ice, especially with as warm as it's been lately. I understand the desire to be safe, but come on, back off on the extreme warnings in light of new information.

Now, let's talk about flooding, because that might be an actual minor concern.

I'm probably going to get skewered for writing this, but, I just don't see significant ice accumulation with this storm. The dew points upstream are not very low. My temp has been stationary at 35 for 4 hours now. There is a huge warm layer way beyond 700 mb over me. There is not even any snow forming above. This is mostly plain rain with maybe some ice in the high tree tops of some local hills, maybe. I'm ready to go to work tomorrow. Roads will be wet but otherwise free of ice. Temps, at worst, might dip to 32 but that won't make ice, especially with as warm as it's been lately. I understand the desire to be safe, but come on, back off on the extreme warnings in light of new information.

It's 26/14 here in central NC.  You sure?

Guys....why is more pertinent model disco going on in here instead of forecast and discussion? It seems more banter is in the disco thread and more disco is in the banter thread?

Don't get discouraged to post in disco thread! Especially you model watchers!

I know this sounds odd and very early on, but I'm getting sleet and light snow mixed with light rain already here in Douglasville, GA.  The surface temp here is 35, but it is trying to already.  It looks like the easternmost stretch of the prep is already reaching the western suburbs of Atlanta...

28/21 in my area of central nc...  :blink:

No flooding here

Archived