Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Burns' Big Banter Bonanza

NCsandhills

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Burger...I get what he's saying based on models. However, I prefer the blend of OUR NWS and Robert maybe a tad more. They understand a bit more our microclimates?

Phil knows the microclimates very well here. Hearing him say more mixing is a downer but hey, this is a storm where a wiggle of 25 miles one way or the other can change what and how much falls.

Burger...I get what he's saying based on models. However, I prefer the blend of OUR NWS and Robert maybe a tad more. They understand a bit more our microclimates?

like WxKnurd said Phil is an expert on the microclimate here. Just worrisome but I'm leaning on NWS and Robert hard!

Phil knows the microclimates very well here. Hearing him say more mixing is a downer but hey, this is a storm where a wiggle of 25 miles one way or the other can change what and how much falls.

Yep it's always tough trying to figure out what side of the line you're on though. 

The RGEM and Euro are too far west, folks.

People a lot smarter than us are saying it's not. If the Euro tracks west of Morehead City that will be pretty amazing beat down of the rest of the models. If it tracks east of there then it will be an inside 48hr Euro bust. I think we will know a little better tonight, the GFS was close to being very Euro like at 18z.

People a lot smarter than us are saying it's not. If the Euro tracks west of Morehead City that will be pretty amazing beat down of the rest of the models. If it tracks east of there then it will be an inside 48hr Euro bust. I think we will know a little better tonight, the GFS was close to being very Euro like at 18z.

NAM should be much better tonight with new data ingest and within 24 hours. 

I would not call it a bust. It got the general idea right. But everything else points to the track being further east, even just a little bit.

Let me try this question in the wild and crazy Burns thread:

Can anyone tell us about the EPS ensemble mean track or the members?  I know that it's a little late in the game to be using the ensembles but I wondered if the mean track was east of the op.  Thanks!

The mean was fairly close to the Op, as you would expect at 48 hours.

Archived