• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Burns' Big Banter Bonanza

NCsandhills

Here we go. I have to say, I'm really surprised at such big jumps at this late hour. I mean really. I figured a small, slight shift, given such decent agreement. But wow.

It's my fault...my daughter wanted to buy a snow shovel to help me out at Target and I let her get it.  We're doomed.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2" that's still there. Far northern upstate I can definitely see as being on the short end. I am approx. 1 mile north of I-85 in SPTBG County.

You won out in February too while we just got a dusting lol. I'm maybe 2-3 miles south of Travelers Rest proper so ~10-12 miles north of 85?

Latest RPM works hard to keep ice out of MBY... I'm in the little dip in Gaston County

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BgOGVQkCcAAU5pP.png:large

Eldorado? Lived in central NC all my life and have never heard of it; weird locale to be on that map.

Did the RGEM really track up I-95? That could be a huge problem for everyone. Ruh roh.

Is there any credibility to that?

LOL, yes I the RGEM went nuts. Could be right, would be the biggest bust for everyone if that happened.

18z GFS just came out, nice 2-3" front end snow, then some sleet/ice and then we get dry slotted, :-).

Okay - WTH do you live? That sounds nothing like most of the upstate. It's snowed all day with little melting apart from roads.

We've got 2" still covering grass, shrubs, etc...

Just north of Easley. Had a small dusting on elevated surfaces that melted and that was it. Now you see why I am so disappointed. Pretty much everyone else has seen at least an inch. It's not like it has all been flurries, most of it has been moderate with a few heavy bands as well.

You won out in February too while we just got a dusting lol. I'm maybe 2-3 miles south of Travelers Rest proper so ~10-12 miles north of 85?

Eldorado? Lived in central NC all my life and have never heard of it; weird locale to be on that map.

Bessemer City, NC

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=35.2868861949155&lon=-81.31367397378199#.UvqcHIWGfkc

Here we go. I have to say, I'm really surprised at such big jumps at this late hour. I mean really. I figured a small, slight shift, given such decent agreement. But wow.

I'm w/ you...I didn't see this big of a jump west on some of the models.  I was actually expecting a slight shift east.  I didn't spend the past two days working on my generator for nothing.  I'm running that thing even if it rains!

LOL, yes I the RGEM went nuts. Could be right, would be the biggest bust for everyone if that happened.

18z GFS just came out, nice 2-3" front end snow, then some sleet/ice and then we get dry slotted, :-).

Track doesn't look too far off from the 12z. Looks like we get a little back end something. Love the dry slot, though. Do we at least stay all frozen?

This is something we haven't discussed much but someone is going to get dry slotted bad w/ this storm and right now we have to be close to the top of that list.

Come on really!?!??!

Glenn Burns @GlennBurnsWSB 4m

NWS upgraded south metro and points east to an ICE STORM WARNING. Threat has now turned from CATASTROPHIC to BIBLICAL! #wsbtv

:lol: "BIBLICAL"??? :lol: Sorry, but I'd rather deal in realities than hype... Is it going to be catastrophic? Sure, in places. But Biblical? :lol:

The ultimate kick in the gonads will be if Swan Quarter ends up win more snow today (5.5") than what I'll end up getting tomorrow. Like the last storm, it appears that buying a beach house is the best way to experience big snows.

You will be fine. I think our area is looking very good now to make a run at a foot.

Archived