joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Burns' Big Banter Bonanza

NCsandhills

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I have seen a personal record today. It has been snowing for 11 straight hours, something I've only seen maybe 5-6 Times in my life. But, I have never seen it snow for eleven straight hours without even a decent dusting to show for it. Should have about four inches or more. If my stinkin thermometer still shows 34 tomorrow I am going to crush it with a hammer and move simpsonville! That CAD needs to flex it's muscle so I can get below freezing!!!

Yeah same for me.  6-14 inches.  Best part is there's no mention of sleet, just snow.  That's a huge range, but if the least I get is 6 inches, I guess I'll take it.  I'm rooting for the 14 though.  Hoping Robert pulls something out of his hat with the whole back flow tripple lindy, half pike discussion...

• Wednesday Snow. Patchy fog. High near 28. Northeast wind 13 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.
  • Wednesday Night Snow before 3am, then snow and sleet likely. Low around 26. North northeast wind 12 to 17 mph decreasing to 6 to 11 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

GSP sure likes to update the grids. It was 3-5 and 1-3 when I checked 20 minutes ago.

With this last batch that came in an hour ago we made a run at another dusting lol.

rhWD9a3.jpg

I'm becoming more and more worried about the ice in these parts. I have a decent amount of trees around...the thought of one falling through the house and crushing any one of the my family is very very scary. Add on to a widespread long duration power outage. It won't matter if I'm getting snow if I can't track it via radar anyway...Ughhhhh....Going to be a very nerve racking 48 hours.

For New Bern? Their 5 or 6 inches they got today, will probably be more than you see from the " one", just sayin

:lmao:

Well I have seen a personal record today. It has been snowing for 11 straight hours, something I've only seen maybe 5-6 Times in my life. But, I have never seen it snow for eleven straight hours without even a decent dusting to show for it. Should have about four inches or more. If my stinkin thermometer still shows 34 tomorrow I am going to crush it with a hammer and move simpsonville! That CAD needs to flex it's muscle so I can get below freezing!!!

:lol:

Ive seen it here welcome to the club. Really blows the mind when it does that but it also discouraging makes ya want to find a new hobby.

I'm becoming more and more worried about the ice in these parts. I have a decent amount of trees around...the thought of one falling through the house and crushing any one of the my family is very very scary. Add on to a widespread long duration power outage. It won't matter if I'm getting snow if I can't track it via radar anyway...Ughhhhh....Going to be a very nerve racking 48 hours.

So, you're saying you may not love gulf lows after this storm?

I'm surprised, but it seems like GSP has no interest in mixing issues around CLT now.  In their discussion they did talk about it being a "weak" warm nose and the mixing would be SE of 85.  So yeah.  Really hoping I see the same forecast in the morning. 

http://www.weather.gov/images/gsp/brief/STIStormTotalIce_web.png

Bout as close as you can get to CLT

BTW.....

New snowfall forecast map. This INCLUDES what has already fallen.

Did the RGEM really track up I-95? That could be a huge problem for everyone. Ruh roh.

Is there any credibility to that?

Not going to happen. WPC already said that the Euro going as west as it has looks physically impossible with the wedge setting up.

This event has changed so much today. Going back and forth from snow to ice to rain and so on. It'll probably change a lot more tomorrow on the fly. But I think when all is said and done the track will be a little east of what the Euro has and right off the coast, giving us more snow and less ice.

Did the RGEM really track up I-95? That could be a huge problem for everyone. Ruh roh.

Is there any credibility to that?

As far as I know it's really done well inside of 48hrs for the storms in the NE this year. But it's on the extreme western side of guidance so I wouldn't worry to much yet.

Okay - WTH do you live? That sounds nothing like most of the upstate. It's snowed all day with little melting apart from roads.

We've got 2" still covering grass, shrubs, etc...

I've had two separate dustings that melted here, and the second one melted with temps below freezing. Damn warm ground. All dependent on rates. How much do you have?

2" that's still there. Far northern upstate I can definitely see as being on the short end. I am approx. 1 mile north of I-85 in SPTBG County.

Archived