joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Burns' Big Banter Bonanza

NCsandhills

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was able to manage about 3 hours of sleep last night between radar/model checking.  I wonder how much sleep I’ll be able to get tonight with the storm of the century approaching?

Anybody else preparing for sleep deprivation over the next 48 hours?

Wifey got me 8 2ltr diet mt dews today; I'm good for a bit..

already am sleep deprived. I haven't slept in 2 weeks because of things not related to weather so this is making it even worse to say the least.

And um, yeah..the latest rap radar forecast was.....interesting.

I can think of a good joke or two about weenies with this

h4vjzQ8.png

fixed

had to sensor it, think of the children.

Here is a game, someone please give your opinion on what Ptype you think this is :

Top one is SN & IP mix, maybe 50/50 - 40-60, bottom one is mostly SN with some (20%) IP mix, both are not classic dendrite reaching the surface, so structures may look a little off giving, and ratios will be lower due to the melting between 825-900mb. A lot will depend on rates.

Why are folks still looking at the gfs? It went all in with a pair of two's and the euro has a royal straight flush.

An argument would be that it has better data sampling since it is a North American model. It theoretically could handle this storm better right now since all the players are on the field. Tonight's 00z runs will be telling as recon is happening right now in the gulf. 

Why are folks still looking at the gfs? It went all in with a pair of two's and the euro has a royal straight flush.

Agreed, the Euro has this tracking over Jacksonville, I am sue JB has it moving either farther west. The GFS/GEFS/UK/GEM/GEMENS all have it tracking right around HAT, big bust coming on those models. I guess RGEM got the message. Hard to believe the Euro has had this storm for about 8 days without losing it.

Agreed, the Euro has this tracking over Jacksonville, I am sue JB has it moving either farther west. The GFS/GEFS/UK/GEM/GEMENS all have it tracking right around HAT, big bust coming on those models. I guess RGEM got the message. Hard to believe the Euro has had this storm for about 8 days without losing it.

Do you just refuse to read what the WPC said about the Euro track?

Watch out for the monkeys in Alabama!

FXUS64 KBMX 112328

AFDBMX

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BIRMINGHAM AL

528 PM CST TUE FEB 11 2014

.UPDATE...

FOR 00Z AVIATION.

&&

.DISCUSSION...

THE FIRST ROUND OF WINTRY PRECIPITATION IS OVER FOR CENTRAL ALABAMA

BUT THE BRACE BEGINS FOR ROUND TWO. THE FIRST ROUND OF WINTRY

PRECIPITATION PRODUCED SNOWFALL AMOUNTS OF 1 TO 3 INCHES ACROSS THE

NORTHERN TIER OF COUNTIES AND THIS SECOND ROUND LOOKS TO PRODUCE

HIGHER A**LESS CHAPS WEARING MONKEY AMOUNTS ACROSS A LARGER AREA OF

CENTRAL ALABAMA. WATER VAPOR IMAGERY IS PICKING UP ON THE MAIN

PLAYERS IN THE WEATHER SITUATION OVER THE NEXT 36 TO 48 HRS. THE

FIRST UPPER LEVEL TROUGH IS DIVING DOWN ACROSS THE SOUTHERN PLAINS

WITH THE SECOND MOVING SOUTHEAST DOWN ACROSS THE NORTHERN ROCKIES.

AT THE SURFACE...A LOW IS CURRENTLY DEVELOPING ALONG THE TEXAS COAST

IN A BAROCLINIC ZONE. A STATIONARY BOUNDARY CURRENTLY STRETCHES

ALONG THE NORTHERN GULF.

ok some of the posts this afternoon are hysterical lol. finally got caught up on stuff i think. i am tired from todays event - way over performed. wish i hadnt looked out the window at 5 AM (lol joking of course :)

i have been pretty much thinking mostly snow so no issues here. but seeing what this wet snow did today to the trees and limbs, and seeing that it is all still there, makes me wonder about my power now. got my phone and ipad plugged in to keep charged just in case lol.

just started realizing the winds should start howling at some point (i have been focusing on today up until now)

tell me about it lol. got up at 5 am. as soon as the snow let up and i took the final measurement i went to bed for a 3 hour power nap lol. thinking it will be a smart move seeing whats next.

i am still floored by todays over performance and am having trouble grasping whats up next and the amounts i am seeing. i am not dreaming still i hope

if this cranks as advertised and getting clobbered with heavy snow again at 2 AM i plan to be up for that!

temps slowly (and painfully slowly) dropping. its so foggy that may end up with some freezing fog/drizzle is the winds dont clear things out soon

Got up at 5 am but took a 3hr nap during the mass melting. Ready for a long day tomorrow!

Archived