• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Burns' Big Banter Bonanza

NCsandhills

Yeah, it did a little, but there was less spread in E NC, so less members were taking it inland.  I'll take it.  That track works for us.

Yeah, I guess overall it hits the mark we want (unlike the RGEM).  The 850 temps ticked west/warmer too.  I think that we will go to sleet/snow mix for about 6 hours.  Probably end up on the low totals that has been forecasted.  I still can't believe how high the accumulations are that the NWS put out.  They are so bullish, when they are alway conservative.  Pretty high bust potential with mixing involved.  At least the qpf will be there.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beautiful track!  Why don't you put more of this in the discussion thread instead of banter?  

EDIT:  It actually ticked WEST of the 15z run.  I have to get out of this negative thread. It's rubbing off on me!

I compared it to the 9z SREF, not the 15z, and I thought it looks very close to the 21z, but the 21z is deeper.

I compared it to the 9z SREF, not the 15z, and I thought it looks very close to the 21z, but the 21z is deeper.

I like your optimism!  Keep Dr. Jeckle in the discussion thread and save Mr. Hyde for the Burns thread.  Is that what your going for?  I'm going to ask you like CR does, are you ready to go ALL IN yet?

You are in for one hell of an Ice Storm Michelle, probably 1.25" worth of accretion, rates may be your saving grace rather than IP, but it is still going to be a get the candles out type deal.   :( I am sorry.

Yea.....I know....sigh....lol.  On the flip side, if I see over an inch of ice it will be the most I can remember experiencing. I'll be able to add another extreme weather experience to my list    ;) 

Indeed really sucks for you guys. Seriously, stay safe. Hit me up on FB if you and whoever you got need a place to crash. Got a spare bedroom a few mattresses and a big couch. 

Thanks burger  :hug:   I've got my fingers crossed the power will be back on in a matter of days instead of weeks  :lol: 

Good luck to you Michelle, good luck to anyone else in the ZR bullseye.

Thank you Marietta  :hug:   I sure hope everyone is ready  :(  

I like your optimism!  Keep Dr. Jeckle in the discussion thread and save Mr. Hyde for the Burns thread.  Is that what your going for?  I'm going to ask you like CR does, are you ready to go ALL IN yet?

LOL, I am all in for 2-3" of snow, with 0.25" of frzn, and some rain. 

Has every model not trended to the Euro and RGEM today?  Showing it going through Southern Georgia and up between 95 and the shore line.  Just really hard to bet against the EURO and its 97% accuracy, the Canadian and for the most part UK.

You point being? Fact is euro at times this winter has been far from superb.

Also from what I can tell... the 850s are colder and slightly south of the placement from what 12z showed. The SLP placement too... shows it running through southern LA.

With the current trough on the map I showed a bit ago... all indications would leave me to believe the SLP goes south of Jacksonville, FL eventually.

Been at 34.6° for 4 hours. I don't like this game.

EDIT: 34.5°!!

It's coming. I was stuck at 33º for several hours. Now I have a NE flow, rising barometer, 27º and the dew point is 21º. All of which has tricked my Vantage Pro II into forecasting, "mostly clear with little temperature change.

NAM still looks like a good hit for RDU according to others. 4 to 8 inches of snow with ice, too. I could do without the ice but the runs still keep going a good hit of snow. The thing I don't get is why Fishel says only 1 to 4 inches of snow ow when all the models have showed 4 being on the low side, even with the ice.

Archived