joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Burns' Big Banter Bonanza

NCsandhills

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess with the models coming in warmer and the local TV mets saying we won't see much, this seems like it could be a big fail compared to the hype of yesterday and just earlier today. But I just don't see how it gets that wam with the setup we have with CAD and a low coming up the coast. And I still think it will track a little farther east.

Man that is a great track for central nc. Did it tick east. Looks like it grazes the outer banks. Good trends with Ukie and rgem. I'm going with them!

Yep, I thought the UK's 12z run was a good compromise between the GEFS and Euro, almost what RGEM took.  I would take the RGEM verbatim right now and call it a day, unfortunately I don't think we will be so lucky.

Yep, I thought the UK's 12z run was a good compromise between the GEFS and Euro, almost what RGEM took.  I would take the RGEM verbatim right now and call it a day, unfortunately I don't think we will be so lucky.

I'll gladly go with the RGEM and take my foot here in the foothills.  Haven't seen the UKMET precip maps so not sure how that would look for my area, SLP track looks pretty good for Central and Western NC

Ride the foreign models boys. Especially euro and euro ensembles, then UK, then Canadian. After the 0z runs tonight finish you have to let go of the globals and start using short range and compare them to current obs. Other words it's now casting time after the oz suite finishes tonight. Don't let the nam drive you crazy at 6z and 12 z tomorrow whether it looks favorable or negative. Best of luck to all.

I think so too. But I'm still worried about it. Never comforting to see warming trends as we get close. Don't like the cold air source leaving either.

Remember that a few days ago, today was supposed to be the big day, followed by a coastal rain storm. Well, now we're looking at a coastal rain storm.

I guess with the models coming in warmer and the local TV mets saying we won't see much, this seems like it could be a big fail compared to the hype of yesterday and just earlier today. But I just don't see how it gets that wam with the setup we have with CAD and a low coming up the coast. And I still think it will track a little farther east.

Brick, I don't know that it will come to fruition but the LP in the n/central part of the US is pushing the HP to our N out faster. That in conjunction with the main event system not being further off the coast and amp'd does not help our area. Again, the GFS could certainly be wrong but MN will do her thing....good luck to all. Stick to meso models at this point.

Archived