Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Burns' Big Banter Bonanza

NCsandhills

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe in the RGEM.

The NAM is a horrible model with this storm, but I'm glad to see it fall in line.

Allan just said the RGEM moved east, which is nice. I just want RDU to get enough snow so our kiddos can go sledding :). I find what models to trust during different times very fascinating.

LOL at the foothills folks calling bust already. You're going to get plastered, so enjoy it.

LOL I'm in the foothills, but I'm certainly not calling bust. GAME ON. The upper level energy is just now coming together, everybody always has pre-storm radar hallucinations.

I shouldn't even post this, as I don't believe it, but the HRRR was pretty good 2 weeks ago in showing the bust…hopefully Brick doesn't look.

Edit:  Keep in mind, this includes ice too, but roughly 4-5" of snow on the HRRR, probably a little less with lower ratios, this is for RDU.

acsnw_sfc_f15.png

Hey, I also want to thank everyone for keeping cool with our slowdowns over the past couple of days.  The traffic bump we experience during certain model releases has been astromonical.  We are lightning fast with high traffic, but when the refresh button on everyone's computer goes into hyper-mode when the models first come out, we've gotten hammered with our database connections getting maxxed out.  Plus, this one is affecting so many folks, it's been a rough go.

I hope to have this resolved for the next big one.  Thanks :)

LOL at the foothills folks calling bust already. You're going to get plastered, so enjoy it.

That be me, lol I've lived through many snow busts and when you talking 12+ inches it's really high potential busts. that's just mo! I believe it when I stick a ruler in the ground to measure. lol   Just call me skeptical.......... :pimp:  

\

EDIT: I'm ready to enjoy, got kids sleds ready gas in the Polaris Ranger ready to ride!!! :snowing:

That's awesome. I wish I was closer to you than down here in the SE part of the county. :(

Flakes should start flying here within the hour, though.

Well that's per HRRR, RAP has us flipping to rain around 7pm (yikes).   HRRR has rain right through Wake County about 10-11pm, but it's very close to being frzn.  Will see, I do think we go to rain for a bit, hopefully not long or hopefully we dry slot.

Archived