• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Burns' Big Banter Bonanza

NCsandhills

Brick and Pack and Triangle Peeps, Elizabeth Gardner just said they might have to up the totals from 2-4 to 6 or more. 6 or more, dudes!!

Don't tell me that!  No way we get 6", I am thinking 3-4" is max, ratios won't be that great, and we will mix after 7pm, be nice to avoid the rain. :yikes:

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't tell me that!  No way we get 6", I am thinking 3-4" is max, ratios won't be that great, and we will mix after 7pm, be nice to avoid the rain. :yikes:

As long as you keep telling the the Rap and HRRR are trending east, then we'll be good.

She said that the mixing line is not advancing to the north very fast at all. Greg Fishel emailed her and said they may have to up the totals a bit.

We need Sandhills to keep reporting snow for us. As long as he does, we're in good shape.

Always the worst part of the storm is right before the snow starts and people around you are reporting snow!

Doppler Radar shows 20+ dbz returns over Rockingham county. Patience its coming. I can tell by the look of the clouds that snow levels are dropping here. When it starts... it will be decent rates.

Brick and Pack and Triangle Peeps, Elizabeth Gardner just said they might have to up the totals from 2-4 to 6 or more. 6 or more, dudes!!

I'll be sending WRAL an email. I think their wording that the snow will get to Raleigh "late afternoon" over social media yesterday was poor wording and possibly put people in danger. Everyone I called (friends, family) kept implying because WRAL used this wording they are going to do their normal 9-5. One stubborn friend refuses to leave work until 5pm. We'll see what happens, but they're hearing from me.

I dunno if Elizabeth Gardner will prove right or not re: upping the totals, but it's snowing like crazy in Apex. Birds started a run on the feeders about half an hour before it started, and it took about half an hour for the cars/deck/road surface to be covered. 

Looking good. 

I'll be sending WRAL an email. I think their wording that the snow will get to Raleigh "late afternoon" over social media yesterday was poor wording and possibly put people in danger. Everyone I called (friends, family) kept implying because WRAL used this wording they are going to do their normal 9-5. One stubborn friend refuses to leave work until 5pm. We'll see what happens, but they're hearing from me.

Yeah, they're often late to the party with stuff. The day before yesterday, they weren't even talking about this being much of a big deal. We might see some winter weather. We're watching it. I know you can't put out totals necessarily, but I don't think they did the best job getting the word out this time.

Man, ncweather is going all in with an offshore track. He has my full support for that plan. :)

Each run of the RAP ticks the SLP east, latest RAP has it off the coast just east of ILM and it tracks over Pamlico Sound, just west of HAT, this is at 18 hours too, I think it tracks right over HAT when it's all said and done, doesn't really chance a whole lot for us, might make the difference an hour or two of rain v/s frzn.  Big change west of where deform band sets up though. 

Each run of the RAP ticks the SLP east, latest RAP has it off the coast just east of ILM and it tracks over Pamlico Sound, just west of HAT, this is at 18 hours too, I think it tracks right over HAT when it's all said and done, doesn't really chance a whole lot for us, might make the difference an hour or two of rain v/s frzn. Big change west of where deform band sets up though.

Yeah, but if it were to follow the gulf stream, that might matter, right?

Btw, one inch on the ground already. :) It's coming.

Yeah, but if it were to follow the gulf stream, that might matter, right?

Btw, one inch on the ground already. :) It's coming.

Ahead of me. And you were worried you'd see nothing close to CLT totals! (Disclaimer, I'm nw of town and dealt with tiny flakes for 3 hrs. My obs are not the norm for those in town and SE) :P

Archived