joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Burns' Big Banter Bonanza

NCsandhills

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at the radar we looks to mix sleet/snow coming up, but then it looks short lived with snow right behind it, we shall see, I think we hold off until after 5pm or so...

FYI…blue/green is mix...

Not sure that is as much snow as it is a blind spot based on radar location

Yep, all sleet. No more snow. :(

Bummer, probably 4" here, based on radar it should be sleeting here soon.  Oh well, still a nice storm.  If the HRRR is correct this could be a really nasty ice storm here...

http://rapidrefresh.noaa.gov/HRRR/jsloopLocalDiskDateDomainZip.cgi?dsKeys=hrrr_jet:&runTime=2014021218&plotName=cref_sfc&fcstInc=60&numFcsts=16&model=hrrr&ptitle=HRRR%20Model%20Fields%20-%20Experimental&maxFcstLen=15&fcstStrLen=-1&resizePlot=1&domain=full

Looking at the radar we looks to mix sleet/snow coming up, but then it looks short lived with snow right behind it, we shall see, I think we hold off until after 5pm or so...

FYI…blue/green is mix...

PB where is the option for the correlation coef.... at on the COD radar site? Every time I look keeps bringing me back to regular radar. Thanks

zero chance Duke UNC happens. Duke can't get to UNC in gridlock

Yeah. I *really* want it to happen, since the crowd would be almost all students, but there's just no way. TV and support people, and the officials, are already there, but if one of the teams can't get there... bummer.

I'm not giving up yet but it's gonna have to really come down over here in Oconee to get to 8" which is the low end of what we were forecast. Heck I'd be happy with 5 or 6".

A nice deform band with 2" per hour rates would do the trick.

I think you all may be ok and turn back to snow.  But i think central greenville co south rides the sleet train all the way to the station....unfortunately.

Well off I go.  I'll be out and about for the afternoon.  I hope things get cranking, because I love to drive in snow. It's part of my Yankee heritage. The only thing I don't like, is the loud thumping sound from my wife's invisible brake.

Now that was fun!!!

Got my wish.  All roads including interstates 40 and 85 snow covered.  Cars sideways and abandoned. Snow pouring down.  Enough wind to blow snow from overpasses as you pass underneath. All in all, a perfect afternoon!  

UNC just sent out email that game is still on

BubbaC: "Seats that go unused by season ticket holders will be filled by students.”

RT @Ed_Hardin Per a source, the officials are at the Dome, the game ops are there, ticket people are there. Duke leaving at 6.

Im a high school student who has loved weather and forecasting for a long time. I have learned so much reading each post the past 10 or so days. So I now wanted to give back and bought a subscription. Thanks so much. Especially James, lookout,Jordan,wow. 

That deform band is looking sweet. 

Welcome. By the way.  If you are in HS you haven't done anything for a long time.  :)

A little worried that the Triangle area has setup a 2005 or Atlanta 2014 situation. No one in the business world seems to be taking this seriously. Wouldn't be surprised to see long traffic this afternoon.

So, this sort of happened. Thoughts with those who are still out there or have had long commutes home.

WRAL keeps saying you go from snow to zr with very little mention of ip. If you listen to them, you'd expect to be zr right after the transition and zr all night. I don't know anyone north of FAY reporting zr yet. Do yall?

Also, how's our low track looking?

Still snow here. I hope if we go to ice it stays sleet. I wish we would stay snow or go back to snow.

And no way Duke is going to make it to UNC if they leave at 6.

WRAL keeps saying you go from snow to zr with very little mention of ip. If you listen to them, you'd expect to be zr right after the transition and zr all night. I don't know anyone north of FAY reporting zr yet. Do yall?

Also, how's our low track looking?

I guess you referring to me

But I find that hard to believe.

Its still in the GOM with a trough axis across N FL east past JAX,FL.

Archived