Newest Member
    joxey
Burns' Big Banter Bonanza

NCsandhills

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Harv311

if you look at the models there is still a LOT of qpf inbound for central and west NC.....hell if this keeps up GSO, Whitsett, Btown etc might get a few inches of IP before the deform band gets here.

Just want those 850's to crash one more time.....

YES please 

let the low stay east 

if you look at the models there is still a LOT of qpf inbound for central and west NC.....hell if this keeps up GSO, Whitsett, Btown etc might get a few inches of IP before the deform band gets here.

Just want those 850's to crash one more time.....

My attitude is now bring on some 1-2" sleet accumulations and maybe eek out an inch or two on the backside if 850's crash

I got out of Douglasville due to the lack of power and moved to Oxford, Alabama.  It's been at 32 degrees here for nearly 12 hours and it's been raining most of the day and now sleeting mixed with rain.  Yet it's snowing as close as 5 miles north of this location.  This upper--level low needs to bring the cold air down to the lower levels of the atmosphere here for snow.  This is a very rugged terrain location and tends to be nearly 4-5 degrees cooler than most of Central Alabama.

WRAL seems to think that the precip is starting to thin out.  Their Futurecast model had us with precip til about midnight and then a 12 hr. lull.

Interesting, HRRR/RAP have the dry slot right on east Wake County's doorstep, so it may be right.  That means there could be 4-5 more hours of sleet though, yikes.  And if so this started at noon, that's 12 hours of frozen precip, darn good.  HRRR/RAP keep it going to 5-6am.

Sure is CR.

Still in the GOM but transferring off the coast towards JAX.

Thanks man. Does the closed contour off CHS mean anything, or is it really irrelevant in the context of the overall zone of lower pressure there?

I hope it gets over the GS for ya. I want to see the TNT dynamite stuff. :)

Well I guess all the watches and warning of impending doom weren't enough for Raleigh folks.  I'll have to give the NWS a grade of F in their primary mission of protecting life and property.   :whistle:

The weather in the Raleigh-Durham area caught North Carolinians off guard when it changed from a "non-precipitation event to heavy snowfall," the State Highway Patrol's Public Information Officer tells us.
by Sarah Aarthun 4:24 PM

Archived