wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Burns' Big Banter Bonanza

NCsandhills

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most of the roads are treated this time, so hopefully it won't be as bad. Plus the schools are out. Those two components were the two biggest issues in 2005.

In my commute to the park today, it's true that some big roads are treated (40, 55, etc.), but anything in the park proper is not (Davis, Cornwallis, Miami). Still somewhat worried about the timing setup. Schools being closed in Wake (not Durham) helps though, yes.

In my commute to the park today, it's true that some big roads are treated (40, 55, etc.), but anything in the park proper is not (Davis, Cornwallis, Miami). Still somewhat worried about the timing setup. Schools being closed in Wake (not Durham) helps though, yes.

VPN/WFH FTW! 

I'm still hoping to get a quick trip out around lunchtime before the fun starts, radar starting to look a little sketchy for that.

ncweather: you are a tease with that picture. 

My older brother was a freshman at State when that rolled through.  It would be two more years before I got to State, so I was stuck back in Shallotte where we got a dusting.

But I made up for it by living in Maryland in the '09/'10 winter.  Snowiest winter in recorded history, where we got crushed by near-blizzard conditions in consecutive storms a week apart.  :snowing:

lolz... if only you could be up for weenie of the year.  :weenie:

So, back in the USENET days on the college basketball newsgroups we had this thing we called "anti-woofing," which was an attempt to influence the direction of the universe by falsely underselling your team. EG, a Carolina guy saying "Boy, I just hope Duke doesn't blow Carolina out by halftime." I have to think a lot of the "OMG there's no precip over my town it's going to be a huge BUST" falls into the same category. 

O god, this is storm cancel all the way around.  This thing is weaker than progged, got that gulf stormsrobbing us big time, gonna put us in a dry slot major.  850 temps gonna be too warm to sustain this as all snow, will probably get 2" of sleel looking at the radar. 

O ner'mind, storm hasnt started here yet. 

Archived