• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Burns' Big Banter Bonanza

NCsandhills

HRRR has 1-2" per hour snow from about 5-8" for RDU, we probably flip to ice around 8-9pm than maybe to rain about midnight, will see.

1hsnw_sfc_f11.png

I do remember that model doing very well because it kept reducing my totals so I chose to ignore it. Every other model kept saying 4-6 while the HRRR said 1-2. It was spot on with my 1 1/2 inches. I was pretty irritated then but now I would be thrilled! Let's go HRRR!!! Bring it home to RDU!!! I'm keeping the faith!

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That be me, lol I've lived through many snow busts and when you talking 12+ inches it's really high potential busts. that's just mo! I believe it when I stick a ruler in the ground to measure. lol   Just call me skeptical.......... :pimp:  

\

EDIT: I'm ready to enjoy, got kids sleds ready gas in the Polaris Ranger ready to ride!!! :snowing:

Im with you Frothy! Your concerns are warranted, don't mind the internet smarta**es. Heck last time I had a winter storm warning we didn't see a flake! Haven't had 5" of snow in 3 years. So when you're in the bullseye youre expectations are tempered but you want to believe so badly. Hopefully it will pan out for us in the snow drought zones!

Im with you Frothy! Your concerns are warranted, don't mind the internet smarta**es. Heck last time I had a winter storm warning we didn't see a flake! Haven't had 5" of snow in 3 years. So when you're in the bullseye youre expectations are tempered but you want to believe so badly. Hopefully it will pan out for us in the snow drought zones!

Everyone is right.  The storm isn't busting, it's right on schedule.  However, some people will come in low and some will overperform and it's just about impossible to tell until it happens.  I really don't think anyone in the modeled sweet spot will come out with less than 6-8" though and that's not so bad.

Hey Brick - You going to the game tonight?  Seeing some really cheap tix on craigslist... lower levels for $75...   not too bad.  Of course you'll probably miss the heart of the storm... 

I wish. I don't want to risk the drive. And that's still a little expensive for my blood. Hopefully, I'll be able to watch it at home, as long as they still have the game.

Well that's per HRRR, RAP has us flipping to rain around 7pm (yikes).   HRRR has rain right through Wake County about 10-11pm, but it's very close to being frzn.  Will see, I do think we go to rain for a bit, hopefully not long or hopefully we dry slot.

Don't believe the RAP for surface temps. It's got us getting above 35 at hour 4 and it's not going to come close. Current temp at RDU is 27 with a dew point of 10. No rain tonight, if anything a horrible ice storm.

Hey Brick - You going to the game tonight?  Seeing some really cheap tix on craigslist... lower levels for $75...   not too bad.  Of course you'll probably miss the heart of the storm... 

I'm hoping it's another "students admitted with ID" game, like the Maryland game back in 2000. Heels will need all the help they can get tonight.

Just saw the county map Wow posted. The gradient running through Wake would definitely imply rain.

The GFS temps are fine, but for example, it has RDU with 0.7" of precip, all frozen before 12z tomorrow, front end 2-3" rest sleet/frzn. For GSO it only has 0.85" of precip before 12z tomorrow then it has another 0.8" of precip after 12z tomorrow, so half the precip they get is tomorrow afternoon.  We get another 0.5" of precip tomorrow afternoon too.  Maybe the GFS is correct with lighter precip for all of us through 12z tomorrow.  RGEM has about 1.2" of precip for us through 12z tomorrow, so not that far off from the GFS, usually the lighter precip models win.  Will see.

I've been being a good lurker and not posting due to my near total ignorance. However, watching the storm approach, I could really use some advice...

...is noon too early to start drinking?

Hell naw its five o clock somewhere.

Plan on catching me a good buzz too and watch the flakage.

I'm hoping it's another "students admitted with ID" game, like the Maryland game back in 2000. Heels will need all the help they can get tonight.

I am considering just showing up.  I know it's the Duke game but if no one is there the scalpers will have to unload the tickets cheaply.  It would be a rough drive from here though...

I'm convinced the Triad is going to get hammered. The RGEM, NAM, and GFS have raised my confidence. The Euro was amazing, but borderline last night and I expect it to tick east here in a couple hours (not that it really matters).

I am gonna hold you to this man!! btw thanks for keeping it real for all of us GSO/INT folks!! greatly appreciated! (packfan too)

I am considering just showing up.  I know it's the Duke game but if no one is there the scalpers will have to unload the tickets cheaply.  It would be a rough drive from here though...

Doesn't help you if you're not a student, but IC just retweeted this:

Retweeted by InsideCarolina

For UNC students RT .@TylerTew: Due to weather keeping ticket holders away, the standby line will guarantee you a spot in the Dean Dome.

Typical RAP bias after 12 hours, you can see as new RAP model runs come in theSLP is ticking farther east each run, I think once it gets inside 9 hours it will be fairly accurate, IMO.

15z RAP at roughly midnight 11pm tonight, has SLP off the coast in the Atlantic

10z RAP at 11p tonight had the SLP tracking just NW of Hilton Head

post-2311-0-30414600-1392223134_thumb.pn

post-2311-0-74091900-1392223223_thumb.pn

Archived