Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
The New February Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else have a problem like this? On days when I work non stop and I mean non stop for 9 hours, I rarely eat, anything at all. Then once I get home, sometimes I have trouble swallowing my saliva. I can swallow food but sometimes it feels like something is blocking my esophagus.  Not sure it is like that due to not drinking enough water during the day or there is a small growth there, but it is annoying as can be. Just wondering if anyone else experiences it.

Sounds like classic stress symptoms Dave. I had the same thing happen 10 years ago working 12 hour days with short nights of sleep. My throat was so tight it would actually click when I swallowed water. Freeked out thinking the big C. Went to the doc and he said everything was fine and I needed try and relax more. It worked

Sounds like classic stress symptoms Dave. I had the same thing happen 10 years ago working 12 hour days with short nights of sleep. My throat was so tight it would actually click when I swallowed water. Freeked out thinking the big C. Went to the doc and he said everything was fine and I needed try and relax more. It worked

Hmmm, Thanks BC. Yeah that dreaded C has crossed my mind. I took a xanax tonight so maybe it will help me relax some. It just comes and goes every so often. Freaked me out the first few times it happened as is scary. Thanks BC :)

Anyone else have a problem like this? On days when I work non stop and I mean non stop for 9 hours, I rarely eat, anything at all. Then once I get home, sometimes I have trouble swallowing my saliva. I can swallow food but sometimes it feels like something is blocking my esophagus.  Not sure it is like that due to not drinking enough water during the day or there is a small growth there, but it is annoying as can be. Just wondering if anyone else experiences it.

Dehydration can cause many issues. If you are even remotely thirsty at any time, then you are dehydrated. Drink water as often as possible in your day. I have at times experienced swallowing issues like you have described. The big C is always a worry, but the stats are  roughly 1:4 . It is more likely dehydration, but of course you should see the doctor.

Dehydration can cause many issues. If you are even remotely thirsty at any time, then you are dehydrated. Drink water as often as possible in your day. I have at times experienced swallowing issues like you have described. The big C is always a worry, but the stats are  roughly 1:4 . It is more likely dehydration, but of course you should see the doctor.

I generally drink plenty of water throughout the day...plus concentrated orange juice, citric acid, natural flavor, citrus pectin, potassium benzoate, aspartame, potassium citrate, caffeine, sodium citrate, acesulfame potassium, sucralose, gum arabic, sodium benzoate, calcuim disodium edta, brominated vegetable oil and good 'ol yellow 5.

I'd start with a base assumption of dehydration and work on that.  Maybe mix in some Gatorade or the like along with the water.

Yeah Ill be making an appt tomorrow just to make sure. Like I said it comes and goes, I got warm at work a lot and sweat so Im sure of it has to do with dehydration. I drank a coffee in the morning, a bottle of water, a bottle of iced tea that was it from 8am-6pm.

The xanax is kicking in so the stress will go away and Im about to hit the pillow. Thanks for your comment on this too, I didnt know it was something that happened to others as well.

Yeah Ill be making an appt tomorrow just to make sure. Like I said it comes and goes, I got warm at work a lot and sweat so Im sure of it has to do with dehydration. I drank a coffee in the morning, a bottle of water, a bottle of iced tea that was it from 8am-6pm.

The xanax is kicking in so the stress will go away and Im about to hit the pillow. Thanks for your comment on this too, I didnt know it was something that happened to others as well.

Yeah, I would agree with the others Dave re: your hydration and stress.  Good luck with the doctor and get some sleep!

Watch the amount of caffeine you're taking in everyday. Caffeine can dehydrate you very fast if taken in large doses and when you are stressed it can even react faster. Stress can do weird things to the body and even make certain functions shut down. Try to relax and breathe properly. Good decision to see the doctor.

Just get more fluids in you. If you ain't peeing then you need liquid.

Then again it could be leprosy, dengue fever, tapeworm, Ebola, hangnail and crabs. That's what WebMD said.

Archived