bowsunski
    Newest Member
    bowsunski
The New February Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:clap:  Agreed.  Because winter is usually over on Feb 7.  

We should probably ban the "I'm ready for spring!" posters and let them back at the end of March. ;)

Kidding aside, I never understood the whole "come March 1st, bring on spring!" Why? We have like 2 weeks left at that point to score meaningful snow. After those two weeks, you'll have like 7 months to go fishing and golfing or have a picnic at the park. At a certain point, I begin to wish for 70 and sunny too, but not in the middle of February. We have like 3 months to get snow around here -- we need to make the most of it. 

We should probably ban the "I'm ready for spring!" posters and let them back at the end of March. ;)

Kidding aside, I never understood the whole "come March 1st, bring on spring!" Why? We have like 2 weeks left at that point to score meaningful snow. After those two weeks, you'll have like 7 months to go fishing and golfing or have a picnic at the park. At a certain point, I begin to wish for 70 and sunny too, but not in the middle of February. We have like 3 months to get snow around here -- we need to make the most of it.

Call me crazy, but...

It's probably becuse spring weather is nicer than the winter weather we can realistically expect around here, especially by the time March rolls around.

It's been a while since we've had a good haboob season

Srsly. I remember some epic ones when I was growing up...seems we just don't get them anymore.

you remember the classic sandstorm of 1198?  Many that one was a doozy.  I think only the GFS had it pegged from 5 days out.

Archived