Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
The New February Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got a call from a former coworker who I haven't spoken to in a couple of years. After an exchange of pleasantries, he said the reason for his call was to get a weather forecast. Seems he too had heard of the huge snowstorm this coming weekend, but knew I would give him the real story.

This is the same guy I told the Thursday before Boxing Day 2010 that the storm would miss us. He called me that Saturday morning to tell me I was wrong since his forecast was for 6-10". I told him to wait and see, and Merry Christmas either way. After that, he never doubted me, lol.

DC is a tough area when you heart is in snow.

So hard to get the moisture and the cold to link up.

The weather forum with the Michigan guys-they are having a wild year. When the moisture is 200 miles south and moving due north into their cold air they get snow. Around DC 200 miles to our west or south means nothing-still a long wat to go.

Won't make too many friends in DC with this statement, but it's been a great winter here this year. Tomorrow will be the 16th straight day with snow cover, and the 38th day this winter. By far the most I have seen living here for 8 years, save the 61 days in 09-10.

9 accumulating snowfalls, including 3 warning criteria events. Some of the coldest days and nights in the past 20 years, including some record cold mins and maxes. And now a top 5 ice storm in those same 20 years.

I usually consider a good winter to have no more than 15-20 days above 50 degrees. At 15 now, with none really in sight. Solid season all around.

Good--the Caps need the Olympic break to begin. Not sure what will end up being a bigger disaster: the Caps season or our snow totals the rest of the winter. :(

The Caps season.  That one is always a certainty at least when playoffs come.  This years snow has already matched or beat expectations for many.

The Caps season. That one is always a certainty at least when playoffs come. This years snow has already matched or beat expectations for many.

Oh yeah, the April/May playoff choke is inevitable. The problem is this year they may not be give themselves an opportunity to choke in the playoffs if they don't get it together in time to make it. ;)

Archived