• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    bowsunski
    Newest Member
    bowsunski
The New February Banter Thread

H2O

Raleigh has 1.5" of snow this year. Haven't had over 2" since Boxing Day 2010.

it's funny.  i made a post in the southeastern thread during that storm saying how i thought raleigh would underperform and that the spot to be in would be the hampton roads area, and my post got deleted.  naturally, it pissed me off and my account was promptly suspended.  smh

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're still not getting what I'm saying-- I'm not saying we are still in it. I'm saying there's no reason to assume that anyone is going to get nailed next week and that Raleigh folk would be reasonably skittish given the bust they experienced a couple of weeks ago...

If your point is that Raleigh could get nothing, then that's valid. They are still partying in the Southeast forum though.

it's funny. i made a post in the southeastern thread during that storm saying how i thought raleigh would underperform and that the spot to be in would be the hampton roads area, and my post got deleted. naturally, it pissed me off and my account was promptly suspended. smh

You should have thought more before making that post. It was tactless regardless of whether it was right.

You should have thought more before making that post. It was tactless regardless of whether it was right.

how was it "tactless"?  i said the radar trends clearly are showing the coastal areas would be the spot and that often times it seems that the appalachians dry out storms just like they can for us.  i guess i need to go into microphysics to post here?  sometimes, this board takes the fun out of being a regular hobbyist.  hate to break it to you, but there are times where people probably want to read posts other than the regulars.  just sayin'.  enjoy your weekend.

edit: if you're referring to what i said pointed to the moderator.  well, maybe they shouldn't delete posts for no effin' reason.  to me, deleting a post is similar to spitting in my face or walking away while i'm talking to someone.  you can't just delete posts for no reason and expect someone to not get pissed off.  anyway, off to run errands.

Nobody wants input from a non red tag visitor about how they are going to suck during a storm. That is why it was tactless. I'm not sure why you wouldn't understand that

so then what's the purpose of this forum?  to be irrationally optimistic or to call it like you see it?  i never said they would suck and wasn't pointing fun.  my sister lives in va beach.  i was happy they got snow.  i think some people are just way too sensitive towards snow in their backyard.  it wasn't a "delete worthy" post.

lol is all i can say to this. i'm clearly in the wrong forum. i need to be somewhere that encourages realistic analysis.

I think your missing the point. We're like fans with home teams. If you are a skins fan and go to dallas, 90k people don't want to hear why dallas is going to lose from a burgundy and gold shirt even if dallas is in the unlikely position of being down in the 4th quarter.

There are at least 5 posts about the Carolinas or Raleigh cashing in while we miss it.....including one by you naming Raleigh specifically. What else did you mean by "Congrats Raleigh.. I'm off this ride."?

So saying congrats Raleigh is the same as making a comparison to it, which I clearly didn't do.

Cool.  Sound logic.

The great lakes low is satan in weather form.  

Such a small but destructive force for hopes and dreams. The gfs solution is still pretty cool for weather in general. The big dig and phase is new. Not sure how it could possibly help us unless the ns vort digs deep and take the low with it. Impossibilities are always worth considering. It's in the handbook. 

I think your missing the point. We're like fans with home teams. If you are a skins fan and go to dallas, 90k people don't want to hear why dallas is going to lose from a burgundy and gold shirt even if dallas is in the unlikely position of being down in the 4th quarter.

I don't view the weather like that. The storms aren't teams that get a buzz from people cheering them on. The forum should be a place that allows unbiased opinions without people getting upset.

So saying congrats Raleigh is the same as making a comparison to it, which I clearly didn't do.

Cool.  Sound logic.

If you bothered to read the rest of the posts, you would have seen that I wasn't talking about making the climo comparison. 

I was saying it would be like someone last March right after our bust saying "Congrats DC" the next time a model showed a DC snowstorm. 

Edited to add: Comparing fortunes, not climo

Yup

these forums are just too restrictive.  i'm impatient with rudeness these days.  life is too short and i like the weather too much.  since you're a mod, and since you agree with mods deleting posts for no other reason other than because i'm not from their region, then i'm just in the wrong place.  it's nothing personal to me.  i'll post elsewhere and my life will go on and i will continue tracking the weather.  cheers

I didn't read it. Part of depends how it was worded...but you know most are super passionate about their snow.

these forums are just too restrictive.  i'm impatient with rudeness these days.  life is too short and i like the weather too much.  since you're a mod, and since you agree with mods deleting posts for no other reason other than because i'm not from their region, then i'm just in the wrong place.  it's nothing personal to me.  i'll post elsewhere and my life will go on and i will continue tracking the weather.  cheers

If you bothered to read the rest of the posts, you would have seen that I wasn't talking about making the climo comparison. 

I was saying it would be like someone last March right after our bust saying "Congrats DC" the next time a model showed a DC snowstorm. 

Edited to add: Comparing fortunes, not climo

Your post still doesn't make sense.  But ok.   Saying congrats Raleigh based on today's models is in no way making a comparison to anything in any context at all.   It's just saying Raleigh gets hit based on today's model runs.  That's it.

Your post still doesn't make sense.  But ok.   Saying congrats Raleigh based on today's models is in no way making a comparison to anything in any context at all.   It's just saying Raleigh gets hit based on today's model runs.  That's it.

It's all context and relationship because if Ji said that, we'd all chuckle. 

I didn't agree and I don't even go there much.   I'm not a mod btw :)

What I agreed with is I can see where what you did rubbed them the wrong way.   Cheers though.

Archived