Newest Member
    joxey
The New February Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:)

You're certainly not making up. Lots of bitter folks with penis snow envy. Lots of folks claim to know the climo of this area like the back of their hand and then get all bitter when events like today happen. 

At least we didn't have to worry down here. :lol:

you did last time...I guess maybe I am just missing it...enjoy your snow...if you can

quite pretty coming down, well over 4" now. wet, heavy snow, stuck instantly once it changed over.

Hope to take the girl out in it later, good snow day at home. :D

quite pretty coming down, well over 4" now. wet, heavy snow, stuck instantly once it changed over.

sweet...I knew Parkton was a money spot...I dont know if you knew that when you moved, but it has to be one of the best spots in MD outside of western of course..

sweet...I knew Parkton was a money spot...I dont know if you knew that when you moved, but it has to be one of the best spots in MD outside of western of course..

nope, didn't have a clue. once we moved i had done some looking around to see how it the area had done in past events. Had a feeling we were in for a good winter. But didn't expect it to be this good.

i could give a **** whether you or anyone else cares about my snow or not. but its quite hilarious to see how many people get all bitchy and whiny when they get nothing and others cash in.

Yeah, I've noticed that here too. I've gotten zippo today, (well about 1.5 inches of rain washing all the remaining snow way) but

that hasn't stopped me from tracking storm and looking at the cameras north at the snow. If you TRULY love the stuff you will search it out...hahaha! Yeah falling in YOUR hood is always better, but when not be happy for those that got it and enjoy the view from afar is my perspective. Have a fun day with your girl in the snow! 

Sweet.. can now waste entire life watching the NAM come out.

Abstract

The current NCEP North American Mesoscale Forecast System (NAM) provides forecasts out to 84 hours four times a day at 00, 06, 12, and 18 UTC while its data assimilation component, the NAM Data Assimilation System (NDAS), performs atmospheric analyses every three hours on its 12 km North American domain. The work presented here discusses the ongoing process of transitioning this system into one which features an hourly cycle, known as the NAM Rapid Refresh (NAMRR). The developmental NAMRR performs an analysis and subsequent forecast at hourly intervals with both the 12 km North American domain as well as a 4 km nest domain which covers the contiguous United States. Like the NAM, the NAMRR assimilates a wide variety of conventional and satellite radiance observations but, similar to the Earth Systems Research Lab's Rapid Refresh Version 2, it also features a radar reflectivity-based initialization of cloud thermodynamic and hydrometeor fields through the application of a diabatic digital filter initialization step for each forecast. A description of the developmental NAMRR forecast system along with applications to severe weather events and wind energy forecasting will be presented. The development of the NAMRR, in conjunction with the current RAPv2 and High Resolution Rapid Refresh systems, represents an important step toward the eventual realization of a high-resolution, rapidly updated ensemble forecast system in NWS operations

Abstract

The current NCEP North American Mesoscale Forecast System (NAM) provides forecasts out to 84 hours four times a day at 00, 06, 12, and 18 UTC while its data assimilation component, the NAM Data Assimilation System (NDAS), performs atmospheric analyses every three hours on its 12 km North American domain. The work presented here discusses the ongoing process of transitioning this system into one which features an hourly cycle, known as the NAM Rapid Refresh (NAMRR). The developmental NAMRR performs an analysis and subsequent forecast at hourly intervals with both the 12 km North American domain as well as a 4 km nest domain which covers the contiguous United States. Like the NAM, the NAMRR assimilates a wide variety of conventional and satellite radiance observations but, similar to the Earth Systems Research Lab's Rapid Refresh Version 2, it also features a radar reflectivity-based initialization of cloud thermodynamic and hydrometeor fields through the application of a diabatic digital filter initialization step for each forecast. A description of the developmental NAMRR forecast system along with applications to severe weather events and wind energy forecasting will be presented. The development of the NAMRR, in conjunction with the current RAPv2 and High Resolution Rapid Refresh systems, represents an important step toward the eventual realization of a high-resolution, rapidly updated ensemble forecast system in NWS operations

:axe:

Archived