12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Spring is here: Pics and happy talk stuff

Ian

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a thaw doesn't have to be a raging torch. 50+ especially for several days is pretty springlike

while i hear what you're saying, this discussion boils down to semantics and the individual's experience being relative to their locaiton...while a 'thaw' and a 'torch' are not defined, a couple of 51 degree days in Jan aren't even +10 departures for highs for many/most people in the DC metro region. 

don't think the ground at my house has been thawed deeper than about 1.5-2" since december...icy ground below.

• 2 weeks later...

its not so much that we are going to see a major early spring onset, as that we will see a major early summer onset in Washington

in other words this year we will make a rapid transition from winter to summer.

in south Texas they are already averaging in the 80s for highs and 50s/60s for lows. I gotta go down there in late April ugh ugh ugh axesmiley

Alleyway tree blooms. Terrible pic

BhPpDd1IYAEZYYR.jpg

As noted this morning.. the early cherries are not blooming yet. I kinda would have thought this last warm stretch would do it. This is the first winter I remember not seeing any cherry blooms in Jan or Feb, despite it not being "legit" cold.

End of the GFS run (mid-March) had 60s+ approaching DC.  I'll start tracking this..hopefully it kicks the cold out sooner.  I'm pretty much over the cold now.

We're approaching our October-November equivalent. We'll have glorious days followed by cold or warmth. Hopefully spring is like it was last year.

Euro weeklies from yesterday show normal to slighty above for the second half of march.

End of the GFS run (mid-March) had 60s+ approaching DC.  I'll start tracking this..hopefully it kicks the cold out sooner.  I'm pretty much over the cold now.

As long as the seasonal trend of warmth being muted or squashed doesn't hold true for early meteorological spring, I'll be quite happy.

Archived