amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Spring is here: Pics and happy talk stuff

Ian

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love snow. I also love spring. 2009/10 was amazing in that we booked those awesome storms, and then flipped to a really prolonged spring. Just ideal for my tastes.

I would be down with a cashing in on a big storm (or two or three, who I am kidding, I want them all) in the next 10 days and then heading to an early spring.

Oh, and let's try for some legit spring severe weather this year.

I love snow. I also love spring. 2009/10 was amazing in that we booked those awesome storms, and then flipped to a really prolonged spring. Just ideal for my tastes.

I would be down with a cashing in on a big storm (or two or three, who I am kidding, I want them all) in the next 10 days and then heading to an early spring.

Oh, and let's try for some legit spring severe weather this year.

I don't remember any spring from that year.  We hit 90+ at the beginning of Apr and stayed there until late Sep.

Out of curiosity, why do people think this is a joke thread? We are close enough to springtime to look ahead a bit, and we certainly have threads just like this for upcoming winter seasons, often months ahead of time.

Sent from my iPhone

It's not a joke/troll thread except for the people who stopped in to troll it.  The pollen report I got spurred it on. Feb is definitely still solid winter and as we saw last year it's hard to fully punt March even if the stats aren't your friend locally these days.  On the flip side, it's about now and into the next few weeks when you can start to tell things are afoot.  There's 4 weeks of met winter left.. and there was a winter thread started in the middle of summer if not prior.  I love the transitional seasons.

Red-winged blackbirds were out in force around their usual territory during and after the 1/21 storm but have become more unobtrusive again. They're here year-round but start to stake out their nests/make racket around early Feb. I believe. Maybe not quite there yet, but have to think of spring when you hear that song. I am solidly pro-winter and snow chances as long as we can but the early signs are interesting.

I love spring, but it sucks around here a lot. So hit and miss. A coworker is getting married the first weekend of May out near middleburg. I told her it could be 80 or it could be 60 and rainy. Generally, March is kinda blah around here. Snow every now and then, but mild days are usually ruined by wind.

If only this could be said of the %^&(-in stinkbugs! They are slowly driving me mad.

I've come to the conclusion that stink bugs are actually micro engineered spy robots from China. They watch your every move as they hang out quietly. They don't seem to eat a damn thing. When you smack them not much stuff comes out. And since they stink you never want to touch or look real close. 

Archived