Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Spring is here: Pics and happy talk stuff

Ian

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The cold weenies are happy to argue this point with people like me and NE Balti, but not with you.

60 in the second week of March simply isn't "torch" territory for this area.  It's less abnormal than a high in the upper 30s.

DC's avg high is 54 by Monday.. I think anything within 10 degrees of normal is fairly normal for one day.  Possibly we get higher than that for a day or two but nothing remarkable for sure. 

DC's avg high is 54 by Monday.. I think anything within 10 degrees of normal is fairly normal for one day.  Possibly we get higher than that for a day or two but nothing remarkable for sure. 

to me, +10 is torch. And DC always seem to overperform on heat. Any chance of 70 on Monday and Tuesday?

cold and snow are never inevitable in these parts, while heat and humidity are...I guess that's what I find so frustrating living here

anyway, I do enjoy warm days (still not the hot ones, though), and they will be here soon enough

in the meantime., I'll root for every bit of snow we can get because we may not have such a favorable pattern next year (though I think we must might if current ENSO progs come close to verifying)

Notice his upper limit was before JUNE. He's not saying 70+ isn't good for the Summer.

I happen to agree with him. So what if not everyone likes the hot Summers around here?

It's unreasonable to expect that the upper limit of temps before June around here will be 70 degrees.

I didn't think it was that hard to comprehend.

The cold weenies are happy to argue this point with people like me and NE Balti, but not with you.

60 in the second week of March simply isn't "torch" territory for this area.  It's less abnormal than a high in the upper 30s.

In a year like this, I'd say it's a torch, especially since some of us further north haven't gotten that warm so far in 2014. Not everyone will agree, which is fine, but that's how I see it.

In a year like this, I'd say it's a torch, especially since some of us further north haven't gotten that warm so far in 2014. Not everyone will agree, which is fine, but that's how I see it.

So if we were 10 below average this winter torch could be a few degrees below normal.  Good to make up the rules as you go. 

It's unreasonable to expect that the upper limit of temps before June around here will be 70 degrees.

I didn't think it was that hard to comprehend.

I don't even understand you're problem.... Just because you like it warm, DOESN'T MEAN EVERYONE ELSE DOES. I like when the highs are sub-freezing, so whoever doesn't (according to you) is "unreasonable"?

That makes sooo much sense.

I don't even understand you're problem.... Just because you like it warm, DOESN'T MEAN EVERYONE ELSE DOES. I like when the highs are sub-freezing, so whoever doesn't (according to you) is "unreasonable"?

How warm do you keep your house/apt?

If that would make you the happiest person alive, then why don't you move somewhere you'll never have to deal with 70+?  I'm serious about that.  It's actually doable.

Well, it might not sit too well with the wife, since it would probaby entail a pretty big move away from her family.  Before we were married, I could've done so myself, but it's still hard to move away from the place you've lived your whole life.  Other than the lack of snow in winter, and the often-times intolerable summer heat and humidity; I love the Shen Valley.  I know I'd love other places also, but they'd never be my "home".

How warm do you keep your house/apt?

68ish, of course that varies with the amount of wood thrown into the stove

I do understand what you are saying. 70 degrees is a universal "comfort" temp. I'm just saying that it's not "unreasonable" if he doesn't like 70+ degree days before June.

I don't mind 70, 80 is pushing it, and 90 is unbearable.

Feel the same way

55-65 is the ultimate temp range for outdoor recreation that requires a good bit of activity. Shorts and tees in the sun unless it's windy then a sweatshirt below 60.

65-75 is the ultimate temp for hangin out in the sun.

75-85 starts pushin it for comfort but still pretty nice. Over 85 plain sucks. Breaking a sweat on my patio reading the paper after the sun is mostly down is nasty. 90+ is absolutely hideous unless you have a constant sea breeze which we don't so blah on dat.

55-65 is the ultimate temp range for outdoor recreation that requires a good bit of activity. Shorts and tees in the sun unless it's windy then a sweatshirt below 60.

65-75 is the ultimate temp for hangin out in the sun.

75-85 starts pushin it for comfort but still pretty nice. Over 85 plain sucks. Breaking a sweat on my patio reading the paper after the sun is mostly down is nasty. 90+ is absolutely hideous unless you have a constant sea breeze which we don't so blah on dat.

if you got nerve/disc problems you will soon be loving those 85 breaking a sweat 90+ days. jmo. warm to hot is when you won't notice the pains.

I don't have a problem at all. Let me dumb this down some to help you understand my point.

Do you think it's reasonable to expect that the temperature around here won't get above 70 degrees before June?

Well, it might not sit too well with the wife, since it would probaby entail a pretty big move away from her family.  Before we were married, I could've done so myself, but it's still hard to move away from the place you've lived your whole life.  Other than the lack of snow in winter, and the often-times intolerable summer heat and humidity; I love the Shen Valley.  I know I'd love other places also, but they'd never be my "home".

Fair enough. Gotta keep the lady happy!

Archived