Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/28-1/30 SE Winter Storm OBS

NavarreDon

CONGRATS LOOKOUT YAY!! hope you get bunches lol

as others noted, the wsw have pretty much just been expanding big time - looks like a lot of n ga 1-3" :thumbsup:

small but constant flakes here, well just looked out and may be increase :lol: pic from about 20 minutes ago (ne ga)

post-289-0-54445100-1390933834_thumb.jpg

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lots of disaster: https://twitter.com/spann

read some of those tweets & pics, Kids stranded on Highways, even a storm Shelter..

I-65 a "parking Lot" people "parked" asked to check "fuel levels" if idling & heating their cars..

>SNIP< Chilton County 9-1-1 @chiltonco911 30m

PLEASE avoid travel, Emergency Resources in Chilton County are working multiple incidents, many wrecks. I-65 is a parking lot!

--------------------------

James Spann @spann 37m

If you car is idling and you are in gridlock… check your fuel level. You don’t want to run out of gas… #alwx

----------------------------------

James Spann @spann 44m

Hotel rooms will book quickly. Consider finding a room now close to where you are in traffic gridlock. Shelters will also be needed #alwx

------------------------------------

Anniston Fire Dept @Annistonfire 51m

@spann @Annistonfire: ALL streets and roads within the City Limits of Anniston are now officially CLOSED!

Just a few TWEET examples..

Maybe the wrong forum, but I can give you Western NC guys a downstream report. I have 0.75" here, it is still snowing, and the roads are an absolute disaster. Schools didn't cancel here, and the ensuing traffic nightmare is possibly the worst I've seen here. I had to abandon my car in a church parking lot near my house and walk the last mile. 

20140128_131710_zps6e399b93.jpg

When is the bulk of the moisture supposed to hit the Triad? It's still very fine flurries here. Just left work in Winston, came home to Kernersville and am supposed to go to a dr appt in Winston at 3:45. Business 40 is starting to get a dusting on it, but it's not really sticking. It's just blowing across the roads.

Snow has really picked here the last hour. We had light snow mixed with sleet from about 11:00 - 12:30. 12:30 - 1:00 we went to all snow and it started to pick up the pace. I can see the banding out to our west that has moved over us. Hopefully it keeps coming. Went down to Peachtree City to pick up some lunch and the roads are getting slick and snow covered fast. Temps were about 22-23. I think 1996 was the last time I saw it snow with temps this low!

Thank me later !

Glad to see everyone getting the goods.

Still 36 here and dry.

Green finger of precip pointing at me now though like my first grade teacher :)

Yeah, saw where El K was lamenting.  I'm  thinking when the bands move down the temps will with it.  I had rain for a good half hour earlier, before the snow grains started, and snow grains mean it's cold up there, so the bands are running hot and cold, or were, and you'll get the same when it works down to you.  Plus you get it for longer, lol.  Oh, and thanks for the extra inches, lol. 

I read a banned guy say he was seeing thunder snow in Ala.  There's some fireworks close by, and you're in that transition zone I love, where you could get pounded with sleet.  Lucky boy :)  T

Archived