joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/28-1/30 SE Winter Storm OBS

NavarreDon

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FINALLY starting to see a few flurries. It's been agonizing watching the radar because every time it looked like it was going to get here, it fell apart at the last moment. And in fact, it's still doing it  as the snow continues to lessen as it approaches athens. But at least there are a few flurries. And this is falling with a dbz of 15 or less.

FINALLY starting to see a few flurries. It's been agonizing watching the radar because every time it looked like it was going to get here, it fell apart at the last moment. And in fact, it's still doing it  as the snow continues to lessen as it approaches athens. But at least there are a few flurries. And this is falling with a dbz of 15 or less.

It took 2 extra hours longer than the models showed for the real snow to start.  Frustrating to say the least.  Now I get to stare at that back edge near Dalton hoping it stays put for a while.

Yay!!  :weight_lift:  :snowing:

And the thump just started.  Nice snow falling.  T

Woo hoooo!!  :thumbsup:  :snowman:

It took 2 extra hours longer than the models showed for the real snow to start.  Frustrating to say the least.  Now I get to stare at that back edge near Dalton hoping it stays put for a while.

The line has stayed put for a little while now. Hopefully, the line orientation changing will keep us under precip for a while longer. It certainly has in Birmingham.

Reports its getting so bad in ATL that nobody can even connect to make calls on their cell phones because of people either calling friends/family or in accidents etc.

I know as of 2011 the city of Atlanta had 10 snowplows...  It's going to be a total mess there with temperatures so cold and basically no snow removal equipment.

Exactly why I was getting restless. . Temps being 11 to 15 degrees warmer than west ga and seeing those returns just vanish before getting was incredibly frustrating. And it's still doing it..although it could be the radar beam is not sampling all of it.  But  I have been thinking  that every minute that goes by the back edge gets closer.

Interesting to note the wind is southeast here. Was not expecting that. Not sure if it means anything but interesting none the less when winds were expected to be straight out of the northeast.

Snow is picking up, now would call it light snow. Temp has gone from 37 to 34 in just 3 or 4 minutes.

Archived