• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December Banter Thread 2

H2O

Yea but if they actually posted something that technical people would stop reading and national syndication would be in jeopardy. Most readers can't handle Met 101. Met K-1 maybe. 

I know.. imho though it's easier and better to be knowledgeable and dumb down then be dumb to begin with.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not weird but i think it's a reflection of wanting something you have absolutely no control over. Viewing these models helps ease our fears that a storm will bust. The best thing you can is learn so that model intrepretation improves and emotions run a little lower.

My post was mainly in jest but obviously I was way too serious. 

I'm in it for the puzzle mostly. The intellectual process and gaining knowledge along the way. Reading between the lines of model runs is similar to solving a logic puzzle.  I love those things. 

Busting sucks but only for about 2 or 3 beers then life is good again. 

What about the people who have been obsessively lurking since the Eastern days, yet rarely comment? Do they have a sickness too?  Just curious. 

I will admit I do. Working on my degree for IT security, I've specifically taken Met 101 and Hazardous Weather as electives just to get a better understanding of what the various models and outputs mean. 

I am finding it hard to believe that we only hit 34 for a high today when 43 was forecast. It was so cloudy and so cold today that not only did the snow/sleetpack make it thru the day, but there is even ice still on the trees! This is like late January in early December, or even like being much farther north!

Now, we have more snow on the way? Is this for real?

My post was mainly in jest but obviously I was way too serious. 

I'm in it for the puzzle mostly. The intellectual process and gaining knowledge along the way. Reading between the lines of model runs is similar to solving a logic puzzle.  I love those things. 

Busting sucks but only for about 2 or 3 beers then life is good again. 

yea I figured you weren't being that serious, but it's an interesting hobby from that perspective.  It's not like hiking where if you want to hike, well, you go and hike.  This is a hobby where you can't always get what you want which can be frustrating.  

Speaking of beer...with the way this week has gone so far, I might need to snag a 6-pack of Sam Adams winter lager...good stuff.

I know everyone will hate me, but I actually like TWC naming storms. Few months ago I wanted to research the NE Feb Blizzard. I couldn't remember the dates, but I could remember the name "Nemo". Honestly made it easier to search things, and I could figure out the date from there. In 20 years I might not remember it was February 8-9th, but I will def. remember Nemo. 

Archived