Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December Banter Thread 2

H2O

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WBAL's Tony Pann calling for 1-5" with most of the area around 2-3"

I'm seeing a lot of colleges and some schools around here going with the 2-hour delay. What is the point of opening when the snow will be heaviest? I guess it's to buy time to make sure it actually snows, and then switch to closed a little later.

Wow, Tony Pann's map on WBAL seems pretty crappy, he's painting 1-3 inches for the Balt and DC corridor. He's really under-selling this. Not sure why. 

I took a pic and was trying to post it, but can't seem to make it work.

He has 1-3 with sleet/rain mix for the entire DC metro, even west. Kind of strange

Here's a link:

http://s1368.photobucket.com/user/jimbojonessmith/media/pann_zps275351fb.jpg.html

I have this in banter, because I don't really care, but I find it amusing. He's calling for 6-8 hours of snow with an inch or two of accumulation. That would be epic rates of around .3 inches of snow an hour. It's just...weird - and divorced from reality given what people are already reporting. All he has to do is look at radar.  

I have this in banter, because I don't really care, but I find it amusing. He's calling for 6-8 hours of snow with an inch or two of accumulation. That would be epic rates of around .3 inches of snow an hour. It's just...weird - and divorced from reality given what people are already reporting. All he has to do is look at radar.  

He totally ignored the fact that the entire area is under a WSW.  What is he doing?

He totally ignored the fact that the entire area is under a WSW.  What is he doing?

Part of me thinks he has to play bad cop due to being such good friends with JB2.  One always goes high the other low that way they have a 50/50 chance of being able to say they were right

I am really puzzled, usually I don't find the WBAL folks that out to lunch (other than John Collins). It would have been nice if he had explained what his thinking was as opposed to LWX, just to see if he has thought it through. 

Part of me thinks he has to play bad cop due to being such good friends with JB2.  One always goes high the other low that way they have a 50/50 chance of being able to say they were right

His snow map is unbelievable. 

Archived