Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
May 2013 Obs/Banter/Complaining/Sarcasm

Ellinwood

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure not looking forward to next weeks cut off that is showing up on the euro. I like it warm in spring and cool in summer. I fear, we're going to see the opposite. I have no meteorological reasoning for the worry.

We rule at summer

I'm sure not looking forward to next weeks cut off that is showing up on the euro.  I like it warm in spring and cool in summer. I fear, we're going to see the opposite.  I have no meteorological reasoning for the worry. 

yeah...unfortunately (low confidence), I think we might go +, -, + this summer which is the worst way to go if you are going to have a "cold" month

I'm sure not looking forward to next weeks cut off that is showing up on the euro.  I like it warm in spring and cool in summer. I fear, we're going to see the opposite.  I have no meteorological reasoning for the worry. 

I wonder if there is a chance the bulk of the rain will miss us to the south...Also, I think Sterling's forecast for 70-75 next week is ambitious

12z GFS is pretty unimpressive with the moisture next week...sharp gradient..keeps most of it to our south

I haven't seen the 12Z euro precip but it's 500h track looks like it would give us rain and give us more than one at least drizzly/rainy days.  It will be interesting to see whether the GFS or Euro is more correct. 

I have logged on to rant.. in Ocean City for the annual condo meeting.... pretty horrible... 25-35 kts out of the north east... upper 40s lower 50s. The kids think its beach and ride time... the wind doesnt phase them.. so it looks like another day of keeping my four year old from being swept out in to the ocean... and shivering on the board walk... its a shame cause you typically can get some really great days down in here May...

I guess the only plus is that the waves are nice to look at...

Weather is nice but far too chilly for my liking. I like to start doing weekend crabbing trips and there is no crabbing to be had because of the cold. This season is getting off to a very late start. If it stays this chilly I wont hit the bay until June at this rate. Commercial crabbers are having a fit due to the very late start of the season.

Weather is nice but far too chilly for my liking. I like to start doing weekend crabbing trips and there is no crabbing to be had because of the cold. This season is getting off to a very late start. If it stays this chilly I wont hit the bay until June at this rate. Commercial crabbers are having a fit due to the very late start of the season.

I can relate. My tomatoes and peppers aren't particularly thrilled right now. They almost certainly won't die, but they won't really start to grow until the weather warms up and we're out of the 40s more regularly at night. And this relatively chilly weather might stunt the a bit later on.

I can relate. My tomatoes and peppers aren't particularly thrilled right now. They almost certainly won't die, but they won't really start to grow until the weather warms up and we're out of the 40s more regularly at night. And this relatively chilly weather might stunt the a bit later on.

Early Girl is doing well, but you are right on the peppers. Harvesting radishes starting tommorow.

Was reading something the other day that this spring is likely to end up being the coldest on record for the nation as a whole.  I can believe it, given how cool it's been here, and especially with the cold and snow that the middle of the country has been enduring for weeks now.  Dallas had a freeze warning the other night, which is insane.

Have to wonder how summer turns out... maybe a cooler summer than many are thinking?

I was fishing in a tourney on the bay yesterday just south of the bay bridge. Water was only 58*. This is over 10 degrees cooler than the same time last year. We did catch some nice 38" rockfish but far from in the money though.

The neighbor of my where my buddy keeps his boat is a commercial crabber. He said its the worst start to the mid bay season that he's ever seen. He pulled 160 pots on Thursday and only caught 7 crabs. Pots were soaking for 5 days too.

I love this spring though. I could repeat for the rest of my life and be thrilled.

Was reading something the other day that this spring is likely to end up being the coldest on record for the nation as a whole. I can believe it, given how cool it's been here, and especially with the cold and snow that the middle of the country has been enduring for weeks now. Dallas had a freeze warning the other night, which is insane.

Have to wonder how summer turns out... maybe a cooler summer than many are thinking?

For us it could also end up being one of the longest, given that spring started in December.

Archived