Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
May 2013 Obs/Banter/Complaining/Sarcasm

Ellinwood

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This chill and wetness not only made the pollen season late, but also very short-lived.

My experience is exactly the opposite. I started taking allergy stuff back in early March because my allergies are to the early pollens. The mild winter started pollen off earlier than normal, then the cool spring extended it.

12z GFS is pretty unimpressive with the moisture next week...sharp gradient..keeps most of it to our south

GFS has been getting progressively wetter with each run this weekend.  Nice, long duration event without many heavy rates. Good to see, as we need the liquid.

Seen a fair amount of "too chilly" comments lately other places. I mean, in the shade and in a stiff breeze maybe a little cool but this is ideal spring weather on the whole. You can't script it much more "proper" in the area IMO. I guess everyone just wants +5 all the time for monthlies.

Seen a fair amount of "too chilly" comments lately other places. I mean, in the shade and in a stiff breeze maybe a little cool but this is ideal spring weather on the whole. You can't script it much more "proper" in the area IMO. I guess everyone just wants +5 all the time for monthlies.

We were -9 on the high today. 

We were -9 on the high today. 

today was on the cool side but the afternoon was pretty awesome. i'd take this kind of stretch over 75-80 any day in may.

today was on the cool side but the afternoon was pretty awesome. i'd take this kind of stretch over 75-80 any day in may.

What an awesome day, I spent it in Frederick with the family at a big outdoor function and the weather was just amazing.

I haven't seen the 12Z euro precip but it's 500h track looks like it would give us rain and give us more than one at least drizzly/rainy days. It will be interesting to see whether the GFS or Euro is more correct.

Euro is still wet. Wetter than the GFS. I hope we get deluged all week.

That's a good question. I don't think it is that rare. I know a few years back we had a 20-day stretch in May with no 80.

Sounds like May 2003, notorious for an approx three week stretch with almost no sun.

I wouldn't say it's been "too chilly."  It's been ridiculously nice in the sun, but cool in the shade.  Give me normal temps with some sun right now and I'd be thrilled.

Archived