Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
May 2013 Obs/Banter/Complaining/Sarcasm

Ellinwood

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was looking at that tower as I was driving home. Looks like another has popped up just west of here, out in Prince William and southwestern Fairfax Counties.

Somehow the storm that crossed I-66 managed to transfer its energy north, close to dulles, and just missed my house (based on radar it missed me by like a mile).  I've been getting thunder and lightning in the distance and very dark clouds for the last 30 minutes but not a drop of rain.  I need the rain.

Not too impressed by this "heat wave" and that's a good thing. If our hot days were like this every summer, I could deal with it with a smile. Sure beats the 99/66 days. Went for a very long walk with my daughter last night and worked up a good sweat, but it wasn't anything too crazy. Heading out to Rocky Gap for a weekend of camping later this morning. Looks like we get a 4-5 day stretch of high temps in the 70s to around 80 beginning on Monday.

We're in the 'slight risk' area for Sunday with 15% chance of severe in our area and 30% chance not too far north of the M/D line.

Not too impressed by this "heat wave" and that's a good thing. If our hot days were like this every summer, I could deal with it with a smile. Sure beats the 99/66 days. Went for a very long walk with my daughter last night and worked up a good sweat, but it wasn't anything too crazy. Heading out to Rocky Gap for a weekend of camping later this morning. Looks like we get a 4-5 day stretch of high temps in the 70s to around 80 beginning on Monday.

We're in the 'slight risk' area for Sunday with 15% chance of severe in our area and 30% chance not too far north of the M/D line.

Next week looks pretty good. A couple of northerly flow days with cooler temps, then a switch to easterly and southerly ahead of a front that washes out over top of us and maybe gets fed with some tropical moisture. No big heat in sight after this weekend.

You're kidding, right?  Yesterday here it was 92/75 at one point.  DP of 75 is south american jungle weather.

88 for the high at the nearest official reading and 91 for the nearest wxbug reading.  hot for our new daily evening walk but we survived.  (my husband had a stroke 2 weeks ago and we are in full-on recovery mode.  thankfully it was a rare type of stroke not caused by a blockage which could affect anyone of any age and he has no intellectual or physical deficiencies (it only affected 2 mm of his brain)).

Wow - sorry to hear about the stroke.  No doubt a scary, trying time, but I'm so glad that he's recovering!

Really nice outside this morning.  Blue sky and plenty of sunshine.  I'm liking it a lot.  Weekend looks great for summertime activities or the beach!

I had my car's AC on full blast and it barely kept me cool enough. 80 degrees at 9am is too early IMO, I like having a bit of chill in the morning.

We get to go home! Yay!

Excellent!  Hope things are nice and boring for you guys for awhile.  My youngest daughter had RSV just days after she was born.  She was in an oxygen tent in the hospital for about a week - rough time, but she's been great ever since (she's now 15).  That stuff is scary when they're so young and in the hospital.

Archived