• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
May 2013 Obs/Banter/Complaining/Sarcasm

Ellinwood

Like I said in earlier post, the last few springs have really screwed peoples idea of a Mid-A spring.

DCA monthly numbers

April 2010 +4.7

May 2010 +3.7

April 2011 +2.7

May 2011  +2.7

April 2012 +1.5

May 2012  +5.4

Totally. 

This spring has reminded me of springs from years ago, although this spring seems a bit dryer (at least less periods of clouds and rain).

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sucks for them, but May isn't really the time to go to the beach unless you're a fan of frigid water. Makes more sense to wait till July and August for that

Yeah, we never schedule OC beach trips for Memorial Day, because the water is so frigid at that point.  Plus, if you get some significant heating over land, a chilly sea breeze develops.  It's probably been 10 or 15 years, but the last time I went to OC in May was for a business trip.  It was hot inland, probably mid-80s by late morning in Annapolis, closer to 90 near DC and Baltimore.  OC was nice in the early morning, mid 70s.  But by 10/11am, a stiff east breeze kicked up, and temps dropped to the 50s in a matter of minutes.  By evening, the breeze dropped off, and temps felt a little nicer.  That happened each day I was there, and based on that, I learned that you don't go to OC until about mid-June,especially if there's a heatwave inland.

Freezing cold today.  Temps in the low 70s with those gray clouds.  I'm wearing gortex pants, ski mask, goggles, polar bear fur gloves, yak hair parka and recently killed huskies for boots.    :shiver:

When oh when will it ever get warm?  

Edit...LWX says low 90s on Thursday, so maybe I can sneak by with a turtleneck and light jacket?

Freezing cold today.  Temps in the low 70s with those gray clouds.  I'm wearing gortex pants, ski mask, goggles, polar bear fur gloves, yak hair parka and recently killed huskies for boots.    :shiver:

Edit...LWX says low 90s on Thursday, so maybe I can sneak by with a turtleneck and light jacket?

:lol:

Don't forget some thermal underwear.

Severe warning up now for the cell on top of mattie

Yeah...token warning. It wasn't terribly windy and I didn't personally see any hail. It poured like mofo though. I don't have a gauge, but we may have gotten near an inch in about 20 minutes based on what was in my dog's previously empty outside water bowl. ;)

I left work a little later than usual, checked the radar before I left, and was surprised at how quickly that cell popped up. Might have popped on the outflow from the storm around you. Got home just in time...

1.34" at DCA.

0.55" at home.

0.76" fell here in about 12 minutes.  Some of the heaviest rain that I think I have ever seen.  Very windy too, lost several tree branches and the young (flexible) trees in the back were nearly horizontal from the gusts.

Good grief man, grow up

You guys see it as complaining, and in part, it is. Fair enough. It's pointless speaking a view that is contrary to the pro-cold view here, so I won't say another word.

Hopefully, this winter, when people are bitching about another snowless winter, you will at least be consistent and also tell them to grow up. :rolleyes:

Anyway, no more complaints about the temperatures from me. I'll keep it zipped from here on out.

I can assure you, I'll tell people to grow up when they need to be told to do so.

There are a lot more important things in life then whining about the temps in May, or a snowless winter. I wish some of you would realize that.

With a light jacket and gloves, today can be enjoyed outside.

Eh...maybe in a couple hours.  Only in the low 80s, still lots of clouds and a steady breeze right now.  Take away the clouds, kill the wind and get things up to 92-94 and I might brave it outside.  

I can assure you, I'll tell people to grow up when they need to be told to do so. There are a lot more important things in life then whining about the temps in May, or a snowless winter. I wish some of you would realize that.

Yeah, I'm sure you've never complained about a January cold snap or any other kind of weather you didn't like, cause you're obviously above it all.

Archived