Who likes all our pretty songs
And he likes to sing along
And he likes to shoot his gun
But he knows not what it means
Knows not what it means

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone living in Page County VA?  Moving there in June.  4 miles south of Stanley.  PM if you live near the area..... 

You will defintely see a climate change wrt winter from where you are now in Eastern NC. Page county is a gorgeous area of the shenandoah valley. Have some elevation, around 1000 feet in stanley, very small town, Luray would be your bigger town and winchester and harrisonburg your small cities and DC your uber city.

Shenandoah natl park is in your backyard and massanutten mtn range on the other direction. Like Matt says 24-26" of snow on the avg there

Good luck on the move

Awesome, awesome day yesterday.

Heading to Shreveport, LA tomorrow - calling for the chance of severe mid-week down there. It's going to look like a different world around here when I get back in next weekend.

Flew back and forth five times from Roanoke to Houston from last week in Jan to second week in April last year, it is a completely different world between the two. Yeah, things will likely be out/up big-time with these temps when you return.

Trouble maker... :P

heh. i dont disagree overall with their commentary... the nam is still often crap at 48+ even for storms but if it matches the other models with evolution to that point or beyond there's no real issue in factoring it in. 

We will be at 1490 feet.  Off of a road called Tanners Ridge.   Can see Big Meadows area of Skyline Drive from our driveway.  We used to live in Front Royal.  The Feb 2010 measurement of 37 inches (Highest amount for the state.) in Warren County was my measurement.  Can not wait to get back to mountain living. And snow. Gonna need to get a weather station for the home.  There is a nice mount on the roof. I may just get the Vue.  Then put the data out to all possible sites and stuff. Noticed there is almost no weather stations in the area. 

We will be at 1490 feet.  Off of a road called Tanners Ridge.   Can see Big Meadows area of Skyline Drive from our driveway.  We used to live in Front Royal.  The Feb 2010 measurement of 37 inches (Highest amount for the state.) in Warren County was my measurement.  Can not wait to get back to mountain living. And snow. Gonna need to get a weather station for the home.  There is a nice mount on the roof. I may just get the Vue.  Then put the data out to all possible sites and stuff. Noticed there is almost no weather stations in the area. 

very nice...probably 25-28" and you will see flakes flying a lot in most winters....

DC crew...are the cherry blossoms out?  The NPS webcam is frozen from yesterday night.  We're planning on coming down tomorrow. 

I just got back from the NE side of the Tidal Basin near the Bureau of Engraving and Printing off 15th st. and didnt see much in the way of cherry blossoms at all, They are still looking no where near peak, but lots of people and cameras.

Probably by Tues-Fri this week will be peak i would guesstimate

Sounds like a nice place and great views. 1490 ft is pretty good elevation. You should do well like Matt said 24-26, maybe 28" in a good winter. Good luck with the move and enjoy

Spend a little extra and get a VP2!

Welcome back, sounds like a nice location.

Archived