e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
April Obs/Banter

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cicadas are pretty fun actually. You can tie a piece of thread to one of their legs and fly them around like a kite. Or grab 2 of the noise making ones by their wings and walk up behind people and stick them next to their ears. My wife loves this and the bruises are totally worth the laugh. Sticking a couple of the empty shells on the back of a friend's shirt has it's moments. 

I remember the big brood in 87. I collected a few hundred live ones and put them in my roommate's bedroom while he was sleeping.  

The wife just asked if she could turn the AC on. That question was answered with an emphatic NO! She got the idea because our neighbor decided to turn his on this afternoon. Open the damn windows and air the house out for the first time in 5 months. When he have lows in the u30s/l40s this weekend she'll be begging for heat.

The Denver forecast is crazy

Unless the trend out there has changed, I predict a 24-48 hour flu will cause a lot of students to call out sick.

Yet they'll return to school sunburned with a tell-tale ski mask outline.

(Ask me how I know that...lol)

Too warm last night.  Windows open and it was muggy in my house all night.  My son had trouble sleeping.  Ugh...

My allergies are killing me, so much so that we haven't opened the windows so I won't feel worse than I already do. The baby girl came home from daycare yesterday with a runny nose, poor thing.

Beautiful morning though. The heat is still on here at work, so I have finally had to open my window to allow cooler air in. Very thankful I am one of the few in my cube world office that actually has a window that can be opened.

My allergies are killing me, so much so that we haven't opened the windows so I won't feel worse than I already do. The baby girl came home from daycare yesterday with a runny nose, poor thing.

Beautiful morning though. The heat is still on here at work, so I have finally had to open my window to allow cooler air in. Very thankful I am one of the few in my cube world office that actually has a window that can be opened.

My wife and I don't have serious allergies normally.  But on Sunday we were down in DC to see the cherry blossoms and my nose was killing me and my wife has been very uncomfortable the last 2 days back in Columbia (although I'm fine at home).  Trees are definitely popping.  

My wife and I don't have serious allergies normally.  But on Sunday we were down in DC to see the cherry blossoms and my nose was killing me and my wife has been very uncomfortable the last 2 days back in Columbia (although I'm fine at home).  Trees are definitely popping.  

I have had a sinus headache for a week now. Probably the worst its been for me in years.

I have had a sinus headache for a week now. Probably the worst its been for me in years.

I was there last week, hence why we are not opening up either. Ran the ceiling fans we had put up on the top two levels of the house to work. They did great last night and kept it cool enough.

My BYS is at 67 and it is not even 8:30 yet.

Really enjoy the greening time of year but quickly dry around here.

Do not like rapid switch to heat. Honestly, I hate summers around here.

What is spring? I guess it will be a few days this weekend.

It seems like we've gotten to the point where getting a "normal" spring day like last Sunday (high's in the 60's, lows in the 40's) is nearly impossible. Seems like it only happens a few times a season. As soon as the warm up comes its straight to 80+ highs, 60+ lows, and record high challenges.

It seems like we've gotten to the point where getting a "normal" spring day like last Sunday (high's in the 60's, lows in the 40's) is nearly impossible. Seems like it only happens a few times a season. As soon as the warm up comes its straight to 80+ highs, 60+ lows, and record high challenges.

If by "nearly impossible" you mean this weekend...

Large + and - temp deviations are "normal" for spring. It's probably the most volatile season irt temps. I don't think it's possible to have a stretch of "normal" temps more than a couple days for the vast majority of the season. Gets easier during the last month but April is always crazy.

Archived