e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
April Obs/Banter

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the high yesterday out here was 80.  not looking forward to today or tomorrow.

I had the windows open on Sunday, but the a/c went on yesterday and will stay on to help me with the pollen.  I don't understand the aversion to turning a/c on when it's uncomfortably warm, and switching back to heat if it cools down.  what's the point of having central heat/ac if you don't use it when it's needed?

Most people don't require AC when the temp hits 80. Unless allergies are a problem, open windows with a small fan or ceiling fan can do wonders when you want to cool down.

The only thing missing from this thread this morning is the cheese.

If only people would put on their AC there would be no complaining. I do not get why people complain when we have AC available to us. Btw if people are worried about their electric bills BGE is going up to 10.4 cents per KWH but i just signed up with a place that charges 7.99 cent per KWH and the rate is good for 2 years and you can get out any time you want. It saves you over 25% from BGE rates. 

If only people would put on their AC there would be no complaining. I do not get why people complain when we have AC available to us. Btw if people are worried about their electric bills BGE is going up to 10.4 cents per KWH but i just signed up with a place that charges 7.99 cent per KWH and the rate is good for 2 years and you can get out any time you want. it saves you over 25% from BGE rates.

I love this time of year for utility bills. It's personal challenge. We typically don't turn our AC on until late May or early June unless we get a stretch of 90's. One or 2 hot days just reminds me of summer camping. I spend most of my free time outside anyways so having a house temp in the upper 70's or low 80's feels normal to me. AC goes off shortly after labor day.

I try to keep my AC season @ 3 months whenever possible. It's a lot more expensive than gas heat. Especially this year. I've never had such low gas bills like I did this past winter.

I love this time of year for utility bills. It's personal challenge. We typically don't turn our AC on until late May or early June unless we get a stretch of 90's. One or 2 hot days just reminds me of summer camping. I spend most of my free time outside anyways so having a house temp in the upper 70's or low 80's feels normal to me. AC goes off shortly after labor day.

I try to keep my AC season @ 3 months whenever possible. It's a lot more expensive than gas heat. Especially this year. I've never had such low gas bills like I did this past winter.

I draw the line at 76 in the house.  When it hits that, it's AC time.

And to think I never lived in a house with AC until I was 14 years old.  And we weren't allowed to even turn it on.  :lol: 

Most people don't require AC when the temp hits 80. Unless allergies are a problem, open windows with a small fan or ceiling fan can do wonders when you want to cool down.

I'm in a 4 level TH. My master BR has a loft, it's a big space that gets warm very quickly. I've got dampers on my HVAC so I can tune the airflow to the master BR during cooling season. So, the A/C was set to on last night, and I slept well. I totally agree with Trixie.

Archived