Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
April Obs/Banter

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting 90 at local stations near me :lol:

P.s. spring exploded over night in terms of plants etc. Trees all of a sudden have buds and beautiful flowers on some trees. Grass getting green. Nice.

The Inner Harbor runs too warm. BWI's temp of 85 is much more realistic for many areas outside Baltimore City itself.

Heard that. Some of local towson station even reading 89.

Yeah, I've seen that on wunderground. I take a lot of those local stations readings with a grain of salt. Especially ones that are hotter than others in the area.

Yeah, I've seen that on wunderground. I take a lot of those local stations readings with a grain of salt. Especially ones that are hotter than others in the area.

I have one near me that was mid 90s yesterday but only 80s today and another that is just always hot.  93 on it currently.  Can't help but lol.

So I have a question.  Are there any local weather stations that report soil temperature?  Rumor has it that the cicadas will be back this year once the soil temp hits 65.  Before you all lambast my lack of knowledge, I fully admit to not know what the heck I am talking about on this particular topic, but wondering if there is a place to track this and be prepared for the coming invasion.

So I have a question.  Are there any local weather stations that report soil temperature?  Rumor has it that the cicadas will be back this year once the soil temp hits 65.  Before you all lambast my lack of knowledge, I fully admit to not know what the heck I am talking about on this particular topic, but wondering if there is a place to track this and be prepared for the coming invasion.

Saw this reported on FB today.  Not sure how reliable it is:  http://project.wnyc.org/cicadas/

we've probably hit 90-92 already...its already done

A lot of 89-91 temps showing on weather underground map, so it's probably likely.  It's not like yesterday where there were just one or two standing out from everywhere else.  Pretty widespread today.

Archived