amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
April Obs/Banter

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6z GFS really digging the warm up for next week.  Near 80F for Tuesday-Thursday if we avoid a marine layer?

And I'll be in Shreveport 'effing Louisiana for our first real warm up.  It'll be warm there and all, but it's not the same.

I get in on Friday night, so I'll probably wake up on Saturday morning and the trees will look nothing like when I flew out on Sunday.

23F low last night.  Awesome.  Love those cold, clear, crisp nights.  Hopefully, these last two nights keeps the grass at bay for a little while longer, as I'm in no hurry to move on to mowing season.  Looks like that's it for the hard-freeze type lows until fall.  Hurry back gorgeous weather; hopefully see you again in October.

If anyone knows, I'd appreciate an update on cherry blossom blooms in the tidal basin. Maybe an idea of where things will be this coming weekend.

As of noon looking off the 14th Street bridge, except for a few pink trees the Tidal Basin cherry blossoms are still in hiding. This may change by the middle of next week.

6z GFS really digging the warm up for next week.  Near 80F for Tuesday-Thursday if we avoid a marine layer?

Are you "concerned" about the marine layer because of climo or setup?  I haven't looked close at anything, but the GFS has a primarily SWerly flow.  I don't see much in the Atlantic that would scream marine layer to me, but that's just one look at one model. 

12z GFS marine layers us on Saturday then goes all TORCHPRIL on our butts for Sunday-Thursday.  Near 70F on Sunday and Monday and then near 80F the other three days?  Sleeping with the windows open kind of weather at night too.  

12z GFS marine layers us on Saturday then goes all TORCHPRIL on our butts for Sunday-Thursday.  Near 70F on Sunday and Monday and then near 80F the other three days?  Sleeping with the windows open kind of weather at night too.  

Looking at twisterdata, its not even below 60 at 2am Wednesday.  Bring it on!

im not sure how we were supposed to hit mid to upper 50s with light winds and a wedge and no warm air within 1500 miles...though I guess DCA could get to 53 or so

yeah, i dunno.. i hedged down in pm update y-day from prior but mos was close to 50 today so not sure why forecasts were warmer than mos initially. only around 40 in charlotte with rain.

big question next week is probably just if we see rain/clouds etc. euro still looks pretty mild overall but i kinda doubt we run 70+ all work week like some are hoping for.

haha....awesome...people are going to be suicidal

April is a tricky warmth month. Cool air is always lurking close by from several sources. Get good easterly fetch and 850's don't even matter anymore. Get a cloudy day and it cancels a torch. A modest but subtle push of lower heights out of canada and everything changes.

I kind of alluded to this in my post in the disco thread. Unless there's a solid trough out west or some sort of stable se ridge then it's really hard to get 4+ days of solid + departures this month.

I love 50's and low 60's. You'll never hear me complain.

Archived