JEFFERSON-HARDY-EASTERN GRANT-EASTERN MINERAL-
332 PM EDT TUE APR 2 2013

...FIRE WEATHER WATCH IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY MORNING THROUGH
WEDNESDAY EVENING FOR PORTIONS OF MARYLAND...EASTERN WEST
VIRGINIA...AND NORTHERN VIRGINIA.

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN STERLING VIRGINIA HAS ISSUED A
FIRE WEATHER WATCH WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY MORNING
THROUGH WEDNESDAY EVENING.

* RELATIVE HUMIDITY...LESS THAN 25 PERCENT.

* WINDS...POTENTIAL FOR NORTHWEST 15 TO 20 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 30
  MPH.

* FUEL MOISTURE...LESS THAN 10 PERCENT.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A FIRE WEATHER WATCH MEANS THAT CRITICAL FIRE WEATHER CONDITIONS
MAY OCCUR. LISTEN FOR LATER FORECASTS AND POSSIBLE RED FLAG
WARNINGS.

Final freeze of the season tonight?

Hard freeze (sub-28)?  I hope so, and it very well may be for our backyards.  We were down to 26 last night, which is pretty dang cold for the beginning of April, and with the medium and long ranges looking to moderate some, I can't imagine there will be anything cold enough coming after that to freeze us.

I'll be putting summer vegetables in the ground in about three weeks.  I'd love for the soil to warm up nicely between now and then, and for there to be no crazy late frosts!

Prob for DCA but not IAD/BWI. It's possible the burbs don't have another subfreezing night but I would think we're still good for another 1-2 behind a cold front.

Once we get to around the 22nd, it pretty much has to be a record low or very close to freeze even at IAD/BWI.  Considering the modeling is looking pretty seasonable as far as we can see, that doesn't leave a lot of time.  That said, Saturday morning for IAD/BWI is a possibility.  I think DCA and my house are done after tonight. 

Hard freeze (sub-28)?  I hope so, and it very well may be for our backyards.  We were down to 26 last night, which is pretty dang cold for the beginning of April, and with the medium and long ranges looking to moderate some, I can't imagine there will be anything cold enough coming after that to freeze us.

I'll be putting summer vegetables in the ground in about three weeks.  I'd love for the soil to warm up nicely between now and then, and for there to be no crazy late frosts!

I didn't even freeze this morning (32.6).  The indoor/outdoor plants are being moved this weekend.  I put in some early stuff (broccoli, radishes) a little while back and will go for the carrots soon.

I didn't even freeze this morning (32.6). The indoor/outdoor plants are being moved this weekend. I put in some early stuff (broccoli, radishes) a little while back and will go for the carrots soon.

Your microclimate is pretty cool. Amazing that you were six degrees warmer than me this morning.

I put onions, carrots, and peas in about ten days ago, but I don't have any true cool weather crops. Garlic and shallots have been in since November, and the rest of course is still to come.

Archived