Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Obs/discussion from the In and Out storm nobody cares about march 17-18

Ji

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh look, winter storm warnings west of the BR for 4 to 8 inches :lol:

Seems a bit overdone,.. nam has SLOWLY been backing away. GFS is wetter than the EURO

Sterling and Blackburg are always worlds apart. Blacksburg has 1-3 for the adjacent counties to Sterling CWA but that was just issues and it was an after thought. 

How muich qpf does the euro give us.  The lack of much upper level support makes me think that the u.s. models could be overdone though it is a pretty good looking front. 

iad-dca between .2-.25 in a mostly or all snow column. Hair above freezing at the surface overnight. BWI is on the lighter side of precip and a bit warmer. 

I saw the WSW first and thought that's a good sign. Then I went through all the models and I can't find any where I think the latest trends look good. It sure looks like a good chance to see the forecast not verify for my area. Once again I find myself having to hope for precip. The best precip certainly looks to struggle to be this far north. Again. Looking at radar you think it's going to be close, hoping you end up in a good spot. I hate that worse than warm temps.

Of course, my poor mouthing the storm probably just helped it.

Archived