wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Obs/discussion from the In and Out storm nobody cares about march 17-18

Ji

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

34.8°F here in Clarksburg on a stiff NNW wind of 7mph. DP is down to 26F. It's been ticking down a degree per hour for the last 4 hours.

You make it this morning? Music was awesome. Next week will be rockin'.

I went to my Mom's congregation...not quite as rockin :).

I hope we can get some moisture overhead.

yea, dca-iad are both .12 during the best period. .2 give or take with a likely snow sounding. bwi is looking rough.

ezf is ok with .3+/- with ok temps.

Let hope the old rule of going in between works out.

I don't think I have gotten more then 0.5" in an event this late since March 1990....climo/euro seems the way to go here...maybe you'll get 1-2"?

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC

327 PM EDT SUN MAR 17 2013

MDZ003>005-VAZ031-042-WVZ051>053-180330-

/O.NEW.KLWX.WW.Y.0023.130318T0400Z-130318T2200Z/

WASHINGTON-FREDERICK MD-CARROLL-CLARKE-LOUDOUN-MORGAN-BERKELEY-

JEFFERSON-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...HAGERSTOWN...FREDERICK...WESTMINSTER...

LEESBURG...MARTINSBURG...CHARLES TOWN

327 PM EDT SUN MAR 17 2013

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO

6 PM EDT MONDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON HAS

ISSUED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW... WHICH IS IN EFFECT

FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 6 PM EDT MONDAY.

* PRECIPITATION TYPE...SNOW.

* ACCUMULATIONS...2 TO 4 INCHES.

* TIMING...SNOW WILL OVERSPREAD THE AREA LATE TONIGHT. THE

HEAVIEST SNOW IS EXPECTED EARLY MONDAY MORNING. SNOW WILL MIX

WITH SLEET LATER MONDAY MORNING BEFORE CHANGING TO RAIN MONDAY

AFTERNOON.

* TEMPERATURES...UPPER 20S TO LOWER 30S. TEMPERATURES WILL RISE

INTO THE MID AND UPPER 30S BY MONDAY EVENING.

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGENATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC327 PM EDT SUN MAR 17 2013MDZ009-010-VAZ053-180330-/O.NEW.KLWX.WW.Y.0023.130318T0400Z-130318T1800Z/MONTGOMERY-HOWARD-FAIRFAX-INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...GAITHERSBURG...COLUMBIA...FAIRFAX327 PM EDT SUN MAR 17 2013...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO2 PM EDT MONDAY...THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON HASISSUED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW... WHICH IS IN EFFECTFROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 2 PM EDT MONDAY.* PRECIPITATION TYPE...SNOW* ACCUMULATIONS...1 TO 2 INCHES.* TIMING...SNOW WILL OVERSPREAD THE AREA LATE TONIGHT. THE  HEAVIEST SNOW IS EXPECTED EARLY MONDAY MORNING. SNOW WILL MIX  WITH SLEET LATER MONDAY MORNING BEFORE CHANGING TO RAIN MONDAY  AFTERNOON.

----------------------------------------------------------

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGENATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC327 PM EDT SUN MAR 17 2013VAZ050>052-055-056-502-180330-/O.NEW.KLWX.WW.Y.0023.130318T0000Z-130318T1800Z/ORANGE-CULPEPER-PRINCE WILLIAM/MANASSAS/MANASSAS PARK-STAFFORD-SPOTSYLVANIA-SOUTHERN FAUQUIER-INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...CULPEPER...MANASSAS...MANASSAS PARK...FREDERICKSBURG327 PM EDT SUN MAR 17 2013...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 8 PM THIS EVENING TO2 PM EDT MONDAY...THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON HASISSUED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW... WHICH IS IN EFFECTFROM 8 PM THIS EVENING TO 2 PM EDT MONDAY.* PRECIPITATION TYPE...SNOW.* ACCUMULATIONS...1 TO 2 INCHES* TIMING...RAIN WILL CHANGE TO SNOW LATE THIS AFTERNOON AND  EVENING. THE HEAVIEST SNOW IS EXPECTED TONIGHT. SNOW WILL MIX  WITH SLEET MONDAY MORNING BEFORE CHANGING TO RAIN MONDAY  AFTERNOON.

I don't think I have gotten more then 0.5" in an event this late since March 1990....climo/euro seems the way to go here...maybe you'll get 1-2"?

I'm thinking 1" here. Folks in upper moco will likely see 2" I think. My elev is 410 while areas near damascus are closer to 800. We'll see how the bacon strip lines up later. Maybe I get lucky with more precip. It will be nice to see the ground white either way. Any snow in the second half of march is good snow.

WTOP TV radar has been a joke all winter. It has shown light to moderate precip over DC for 8 hours, I have received nary a drop.

WTOP is a radio station not a TV station :lmao:

Edit: They share radar data from ABC7 over at Freeway Airport. That one is really accurate. Unless your looking at the Accuweather Radar... which sucks because its a composite.

Archived